The MBA in Media Management
MCNY's Media Management Blog
We are well into mid semester and I wanted to touch base with everyone to be sure that there are no issues and that everyone is proceeding with successfully progressing in their studies. Anyone who is having any issue with your studies or any other school related matter should make an appointment or email me as soon as possible.
I also wanted to bring a number of items to your attention:
1. There is an amazing internship opportunity for a student interested in gaining first hand experience in researching and developing a business plan and developing a marketing strategy for a new clothing manufacturing company. The Internship will require about 8 hours per week with a degree of flexibility about how those hours are met. Students that are interested should forward me their resume in an email indicating their interest ASAP.
2. The Cable Center is the nonprofit educational arm of the cable industry, dedicated to: Preserving and celebrating cable’s enduring contributions to society; Building bridges between cable and higher education; and Bringing together industry participants to share ways we can better serve our customers. Every year they hold a conference on the Cable Industry where students can hear from executives, learn about job opportunities and internships, and even participate in speed-dating style mock interviews with hiring managers in the industry. This year’s conference is scheduled for October 26, at the Paley Center in New York City. Participation is available for FREE to graduate and undergraduate students, but registration is required. For more info go to http://www.cablecenter.org/cable-mavericks-main-menu/masters-forum-one-day-degree.html.
3. There is an Internship Panel open to students hosted by NAMIC (National Association of Multi-Ethnicity in Communications on November 13. Students must scroll to the bottom of the page after clicking on their Events button to RSVP on the NAMIC Events Page.
4. Students also have the opportunity to join the Grammys and Emmys at Student Rates. Anyone interested in joining the Grammys or the Emmys can drop by my office in 1124 on Tuesday afternoon/early evenings for more information.
5. We are co-hosting a conference with the Emergency and Disaster Management MPA program on November 8, 2012 from 8:30-5pm at the school to discuss the interrelationship between social media and emergency response management. Please spread the word.
Check out the SMARMIE website for more information. We need volunteers for the day of the conference to assist in the filming and production of the event. Students interested in participating should email me ASAP so we can get you plugged into the event.
6. We have scheduled the 4th Annual Short Film Festival for April 4 -5, 2013 at the school. We will begin holding organizational meetings shortly to begin planning for the event. As has been in the past, students are involved in every aspect of the development, planning, organizing and production of the Festival. Anyone interested in participating in the film festival should email me indicating their interest so that I can be sure to send you a notice when we schedule the first meeting. A notice of when we will begin accepting submissions will also be sent out within the next two weeks.
We will keep you informed with additional information as it becomes available. Have a great semester!
Prof. Kristie Velasco, Coordinator, School for Business MBA Media Management Program
Posted by MCNY Media Management Blog in 4th Annual MCNY Short Film Festival, Constructive Action, Internship Opportunities, Media Management Students, Uncategorized, Voices from the Global Village. Post a Comment »
Leave a Reply
© 2010, Metropolitan College of New York