A Message From the Dean
Welcome to the School for Business at MCNY!
As you know, the world of business has changed dramatically over the past few years and our expert faculty continually updates our curricular to ensure that students graduate prepared with all the requisite skills and knowledge to succeed in the evolving business world. We continue to add exciting new courses that tie classroom learning to the workplace through a Purpose-Centered System of Education, and have secured ACBSP accreditation, a special business credential. Our program, unique among business schools, features:
- Specialized Business Accreditation: School for Business has successfully completed the process to secure specialized business accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). This significant milestone became effective November 27, 2012. "An institution or program that has successfully completed an accreditation review has in place the needed instructional, student support and other services to assist students to achieve their educational goals" (ACBSP, 2012).
- Practical Approach: Through MCNY's Constructive Action teaching model you learn by doing in a program tailored to your educational needs. Traditional business core competencies, like economics, finance, accounting, marketing and management come to life as you go through the stages of researching, analyzing, planning, developing and implementing your own business.
- Accelerated Timetable: Completion of all degree requirements in a shorter time frame: the BBA in Business Administration and BBA in Healthcare System Management can be completed in 2 years and 8 months, and our graduate degrees - MBA in Media Management, MBA in Financial Services, and MBA in General Management - can be completed in one year.
- International Perspective: Our fabulous 10 day Study Abroad component is an intensive action oriented immersion experience where you work collaboratively in a global environment to develop an international strategy for your own business. (Travel costs are included in program tuition.) Prior destinations have included Zurich, London, Frankfurt and Paris.
- Flexibility and Convenience:Our schedules accommodate your lifestyle, with a combination of online, evening, weekend or day classes. A full-time course load can be completed at either our downtown Manhattan Campus or Bronx Center. MCNY recognizes and awards college credits through the Life Experience Credit program.
- Academic and Professional Networking: MCNY's Business Advisory Board mentors students and works closely with faculty to ensure up to the moment relevance. A chapter of Sigma Beta Delta, the international honor society for business students, provides an opportunity for students to be recognized for their outstanding academic achievements and community service. Student chapters of professional associations such as Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE), student organizations and a variety of events, including the MCNY Annual Short Film Festival, round out your student experience.
Located in SoHo, alongside Wall Street and the Tribeca Film Festival, the MCNY School for Business is leveraging new technologies and the ever changing business environment to provide students a solid education together with opportunities for success through practical, nuts-and-bolts learning specifically focused on the needs of business students. Get down to business at MCNY and earn a degree that is both relevant and valuable.
Call or email me - I look forward to working with you toward your educational goals!
Dr. Tilokie Depoo
Dean & Professor
School for Business
212.343.1234, ext. 2204