Coming soon…The 2019 ALUMNI DIRECTORY PROJECT

We strive to keep our alumni connected to the college and to each other!  In order for us to do so, Metropolitan College of New York (MCNY) has authorized Publishing Concepts (PCI) to launch a project to update contact information for all graduates of MCNY, Audrey Cohen College, The College for Human Services, Talent Corp and The Women’s Talent Corp.

Starting soon, you will be receiving a combination of postcards, emails and phone calls from PCI requesting that you update your contact information.  We encourage you to respond to these communications.  Once PCI has collected the information, they will not continue to contact you and the data compiled will be used to create a new alumni directory. We are excited to team up with PCI since it has been nearly 15 years since we’ve had an alumni directory available.

What’s the benefit to you? We can better help you:

• make valuable social and professional connections with alumni in your field
  • receive information and gain access to our alumni networks, career services, and college events
  • become part the growing community of alumni

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to staying connected to you!

Warmest regards,
Tina Georgiou
Director, Communications and Alumni Relations
Metropolitan College of New York
ALUMNI@MCNY.EDU

Frequently Asked Questions by Our Alumni

1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for Metropolitan College of New York.  Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?

We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory.  PCI is a company located in Dallas, TX that publishes directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities and military organizations across the nation. This project allows Metropolitan College of New York to receive important updates to our database so we know more about our alumni and how we can better serve you and future alumni.

2. How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?

Metropolitan College of New York has a contractual agreement with PCI that states:

a. The names, addresses, and information provided to PCI by Metropolitan College of New York for the publication of the Directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law.

b. The Directory will be made available only to OUR ALUMNI. Upon completion of the project, PCI will return to Metropolitan College of New York any and all electronic files that have been supplied by Metropolitan College of New York or produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Directory.

3. I would like to verify and update my information. How may I do this?

If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Metropolitan College of New York project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed.

If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information.  If you have questions, you may call PCI’s customer service desk at 1.800.982.1590.

4. Can anyone purchase a directory?

The Metropolitan College of New York Alumni Directory is available for sale only to Metropolitan College of New York alumni.

5. When will I receive my directory?

The total duration of the directory project is about 12 months.  Since we began the project in October 2018, the directories will be distributed in October 2019.

6. Can I choose some or all of my information not to be printed in the directory?

When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative what information you would prefer to have excluded. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk (1.800.982.1590) or to the Alumni Association.

7. I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?

Call the PCI customer service help desk at 1.800.982.1590, and they will take care of this for you.

2018-10-26T10:15:36+00:00