20 04, 2017

What is Satisfactory Academic Progress

2017-04-20T11:11:10-04:00Categories: |

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)Federal regulations (Sections 668.16(e).668.32(f) and 668.34)   require that schools monitor the academic progress of each applicant for federal financial assistance and that the school certify that the applicant is making satisfactory academic [...]

13 02, 2017

Can I get Pell for repeating a course?

2017-02-13T17:51:24-05:00Categories: |

Sometimes if a higher minimum grade in a major course is required, you can receive federal aid again for that course. You should remember that repeating a course may limit your ability to meet the [...]

13 02, 2017

What is a federal Pell Grant?

2017-02-13T17:49:56-05:00Categories: |

Pell Grants are the foundation of federal student aid, to which aid from other federal and nonfederal sources might be added. Pell Grants are for undergraduate students.

13 02, 2017

How much aid can I get?

2017-02-13T17:49:35-05:00Categories: |

Aid from most programs is awarded based on financial need (except for unsubsidized and PLUS loans). An expected family contribution (EFC) number is used to determine need. The EFC is a measure of your family's [...]

13 02, 2017

Who gets financial aid?

2017-02-13T17:48:47-05:00Categories: |

The financial aid administrator at your college can help determine what you're eligible for. There are, however, some basic guidelines for all applicants. They must: Demonstrate financial need; this means that your cost of education [...]