Loading Events

NYC Council Member Margaret Chin invites you to attend the

Free Citizenship Application Assistance Program

Please make an appointment, call 646-664-9400
More information at cuny.edu/citizenshipnow

Let experienced lawyers and immigration professionals help you with your application.

Minimum requirements to apply:
1. You are 18 years of age or older
2. You have lived in the United States as a green card holder (permanent resident) for five years (or three years if married to and living with the same U.S.

What to bring:
1. Green card and all passports used in the last five years
2. Home/school/employment history for the last five years
(or three years if married to a U.S. citizen)
3. Children’s information (date of birth, A#, addresses)
4. Marital history (information about your past spouses)
5. Certificate of disposition/MTA letter for any arrests, tickets, and citations

Applicants must pay a $725 filing fee to USCIS unless they qualify for a fee waiver.  Please do not bring cash or money orders to the event.




  • Are you receiving a means-tested public benefit from a state or federal agency?
  • Is your household income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines at the time you are filing?
  • Do you have a financial hardship situation that you want USCIS to consider?

If you said “yes” to any of these questions, you may qualify for a partial or full-fee waiver. If you receive a means-tested public benefit, we may be able to help you prepare a request for a fee waiver at our citizenship events. If you don’t receive public benefits, but you have a low income, you may still qualify for a fee waiver.  Bring the documents listed below with you to the event. The decision whether to waive the fee is made by USCIS, NOT by our volunteers or attorneys.


To prepare your fee waiver, you will need:

1.  Copy of award letter from the state or federal agency granting you the benefit, e.g., SSI award letter and/or budget letter (if applicable). The letter must be on agency letterhead, dated within the past six months, and must clearly list your name as one of the persons receiving the benefit and the last date you were
approved to receive the benefit.

2.  Copy of federal tax returns for the most recent tax year listing members of your household.

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!