Metropolitan College of New York (MCNY) is a unique and vibrant learning institution. It is a non-profit, regionally accredited college offering associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees, with state-of-the-art campuses in the Financial District of Manhattan and the Hub district of the South Bronx. For over 50 years, MCNY has offered highly motivated learners a powerful model of Purpose-Centered Education that promotes personal transformation and constructive change in workplaces and communities. MCNY enrolls approximately 1,000 students annually into its accelerated degree programs with convenient onsite and remote schedules for added flexibility.
Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Counselor fulfills a professional role in support of prospective student enrollment both in the undergraduate and graduate programs. The Admissions Counselor conducts on and off campus outreach and recruitment activities; counsels prospective students on all aspects of the enrollment process including program review, financial resources, and requirements for matriculation; and maintains meaningful contact with prospective students through e-mail, instant messaging, letters, interviews and other available communication vehicles.
- Works to ensure that enrollment goals and objectives are met through the process of inquiries, applications, and registered students.
- Attends off campus recruitment events and performs visitations for the purpose of disseminating information, collecting inquiries and applications, and promoting enrollment.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with high schools, colleges, small and large businesses, civic organizations, community leaders and other entities that would potentially support enrollment efforts.
- Ensures documentation for acceptance and enrollment are collected, accurately recorded in the student file, and reconciled with the student database (Slate and PowerCampus).
- Provides campus tours to prospective students and significant others.
- Ensures that all Recruitment and Admissions Strategies are followed.
- Performs follow-up activities (mailings, phone calls, e-mails) on prospective student inquiries, contacts and interviews.
- Actively adhere to and communicate institutional mission.
- Reviews and decisions applications for admissions
- Reviews college transcripts for transfer credit evaluations
- Assist students in completing admission application, in securing transcripts, health records, and assisting students in completing their financial aid and scholarship applications.
- Attain comprehensive knowledge and act as the liaison for MCNY programs.
- Attain comprehensive knowledge and act as the liaison for students enrolling as one of the following: International Student, US Armed Forces Veteran, Ability to Benefit, or other student population cohort.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s preferred).
- Experience working in Higher Education preferred.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and working knowledge of college-based computer information systems and customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
- Must be available to travel between campuses and work some evenings and weekends as assigned.
MCNY is operating in a hybrid work format as it has since July 2020. Currently, this role works at least 3 days a week on campus in the admissions office at Manhattan and/or Bronx Campus with up to 2 days of remote work per week.
In compliance with NYC’s Pay Transparency Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $55K- $65K. Metropolitan College of New York considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume MCNY Talent or mail to Metropolitan College of New York, Human Resources, 60 West Street, New York, NY 10006.
MCNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.