Metropolitan College of New York (MCNY) is a unique and vibrant learning institution. It is a non-profit, regionally accredited college offering associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees, with state-of-the-art campuses in the Financial District of Manhattan and the Hub district of the South Bronx. For over 50 years, MCNY has offered highly motivated learners a powerful model of Purpose-Centered Education that promotes personal transformation and constructive change in workplaces and communities. MCNY enrolls approximately 1,000 students annually into its accelerated degree programs with convenient onsite and remote schedules for added flexibility.
The Alumni and Community Relations Coordinator reports to the Chief Development Officer and is responsible for managing and executing alumni engagement strategies for all alumni identity-based affinity programming in collaboration with MCNY’s alumni and external relations program. This position which will be located at MCNY’s Bronx campus will have a primary focus on developing and implementing inclusive engagement strategies for alumni and community members to increase involvement and alignment with MCNY priorities. This position is funded by the Department of Education, Predominantly Black Institutions (PBI) Fund.
- Develop a comprehensive strategy for building, managing, and/or supporting identity-based affinity programs, with the explicit goal of increasing engagement and financial support across diverse groups.
- Identify, recruit and engage alumni to support MCNY and inclusivity engagement efforts.
- Plan and organize alumni and community programs and events.
- Serve as a liaison between the College and community residents, organizations and corporations.
- In collaboration with the fundraising office develop engagement strategies and opportunities that increase alumni participation in Annual Giving.
- In collaboration with the office of enrollment management and student affairs recruit alumni to participate in student recruitment and mentoring,
- Conduct outreach to alumni, donors and prospects to identity, cultivate and solicit Annual Fund donations.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of experience working in alumni or volunteer engagement
- Experience conducting prospect identification and research and working with high level volunteers
- Possess the ability to work on projects independently or collaboratively as part of a team along with the ability to manage priority projects simultaneously.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; experience with development software.
- Must be energetic, outgoing, and personable with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong management skills, organized, and detail oriented.
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekends.
MCNY is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment. Students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and submit proof. Individuals who qualify may request a medical or religious exemption. Questions regarding an exemption should be emailed to JSantiago@mcny.edu. Individuals granted an exemption will need to provide a weekly negative test for Covid-19.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to MCNY Talent or mail to Metropolitan College of New York, Human Resources, 60 West Street, New York, NY 10006.
MCNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.