Metropolitan College of New York (MCNY) is a unique and vibrant learning institution. It is a non-profit, regionally accredited institution offering associate’s, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, with state-of-the art campuses in the Financial District of Manhattan and the South Bronx hub district. MCNY’s academic and social justice mission aims to prepare students for professional success and empower them to deliver positive change to their communities and workplaces.
The College is seeking a creative, motivated and strategy-oriented person to serve as the Coordinator of Alumni and Community Engagement. The ideal candidate is comfortable working with diverse populations and will coordinate the development, implementation and execution of new and existing alumni programs, services and fundraising strategies designed to foster a lifelong connection between alumni and MCNY. The role will also focus on fostering engagement between alumni, community members and organizations surrounding MCNY’s Bronx and Manhattan campuses. This position can be based at either the Manhattan or Bronx campus, and requires program implementation at both campuses as well as occasional evening or weekend hours
- Develop, implement and publicize programming attractive to alumni through meaningful and mission-driven opportunities for volunteerism, service, personal and professional development and events.
- Develop and implement creative annual fundraising strategies to engage and increase alumni giving to the College.
- Manage, engage and grow the efforts of three Alumni Networks (School for Business, School for Public Affairs and Administration, and School for Human Services and Education) fostering deeper connections with their respective Schools as well as with the College overall.
- Gather and maintain accurate alumni information; create and oversee data updates; maintain event program reporting, data collection and metrics analysis for all alumni relations activity.
- In collaboration Director of Communications, serve as lead content creator and strategist for Alumni web page, email communications, and social media engagement. Connect with alumni to help gather success stories for use in promoting the College and Alumni Networks.
- In partnership with Career Services, foster strong community relationships with surrounding corporations and non-profit institutions, with an emphasis on building partnerships that benefit the Bronx campus.
- Work collaboratively with departments across campus (i.e. Enrollment/Admissions, Marketing, Career Services) to increase alumni engagement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus two years professional experience in higher education, alumni relations, development, public relations, volunteer management, event planning, or other related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, effective public speaking and presentation skills and ability to manage priority projects simultaneously.
- Ability to think of creative events, services and fundraising strategies while also possessing the ability to implement these ideas.
- Experience using and maximizing online and social media platforms for communication, engagement and fundraising. Excellent skills in MSWord, Excel, and Outlook and experience with development/fundraising software.
- Positive, welcoming disposition with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and engage with alumni, faculty, staff, students, community partners and the general public.
MCNY is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment. Students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and submit proof. Individuals who qualify may request a medical or religious exemption. Questions regarding an exemption should be emailed to ERobles@mcny.edu. Individuals granted an exemption will need to provide a weekly negative test for Covid-19.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter (required) and resume to MCNY Talent or mail to Department of Human Resources, Metropolitan College of New York, 60 West Street, New York, NY 10006.
MCNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.