The Assistant Director of Admissions and Recruitment is responsible for admissions recruitment functions, including but not limited to reviewing student admissions documents, educating students on MCNY’s programs and purpose centered education, providing guidance and support through the admissions process, and serving as a liaison for new students within MCNY. This role represents the college to the public and markets the mission and vision of the college to various constituencies: prospective students, parents, school counselors, colleges, and organizations. This position is funded by the Department of Education, Predominantly Black Institutions Fund.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve individually assigned enrollment goals
- Monitor and analyze admissions statistics through dashboards, queries and reports to deliver continuous improvement and resolve concerns.
- Develop and manage inquiry and applicant outreach efforts using SLATE and monitor the results, making adjustments when needed.
- Represent MCNY at career fairs, high schools and community colleges advisor offices, information sessions, 1-1 prospective student interviews and establish relationships with local Bronx high schools.
- Coordinate the delivery of admissions events for in person on and off campus, and virtually.
- Actively work towards meeting and exceeding individual and admissions team enrollment goals.
- Contribute to the execution of strategic admissions and recruitment initiatives.
- Establish relationships with Community Based Organizations located in the Bronx.
- Supervise admissions staff, admissions student workers, and receptionist at the Bronx campus.
- Supervise, train, review student workers and receptionist for the calling of prospective students for appointments.
- Maintain positive working relationships within the MCNY community to facilitate a high-quality admission experience for new students.
- Actively adhere to and communicate institutional mission.
- Serve and actively contribute to the admissions leadership team.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by Director of Admissions and Recruitment.
- Bachelor’s degree required /Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of successful college admissions or college recruiting experience
- Minimum of 2 years of supervising professional staff members
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs
- CRM experience (Slate, Salesforce)
- Have a willingness to learn, adapt and engage in professional development and contribute to a “best practice” admissions office
- Ability to analyze admissions data; exercise thorough and sound decision making from data findings
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and complete work with and without deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills-including public speaking comfort and ability
- Professional demeanor with sound leadership and training skills
- Excellent customer service and inter-personal skills required, including work with diverse people and dynamic situations
- Glass half full/ “Can do” attitude
MCNY is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment. Students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and submit proof. Individuals who qualify may request a medical or religious exemption. Questions regarding an exemption should be emailed to ERobles@mcny.edu. Individuals granted an exemption will need to provide a weekly negative test for Covid-19.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to MCNY Talent or mail to Metropolitan College of New York, Human Resources, 60 West Street, New York, NY 10006.
MCNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.