Metropolitan College of New York (MCNY) is a unique and vibrant learning institution. It is a non-profit, regionally accredited college offering associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees, with state-of-the-art campuses in the Financial District of Manhattan and the Hub district of the South Bronx. For over 50 years, MCNY has offered highly motivated learners a powerful model of Purpose-Centered Education that promotes personal transformation and constructive change in workplaces and communities. MCNY enrolls approximately 1,000 students annually into its accelerated degree programs with convenient onsite and remote schedules for added flexibility.
- Determine financial aid eligibility and award students aid in accordance with federal, state, and institutional policies and regulations
- Counsel students and parents on all aspects of aid programs and financing options
- Attend/host workshops and open house events for prospective and accepted students
- Provide front desk coverage, as needed, including initial intake to student requesting services/information.
- Assist the Director in the development of policies and procedures, application forms, brochures, award letters, and accompanying materials. Assist with creative projects (Ex: Financial Aid videos).
- Performing FA-MCNY website updates; ensuring they are compliant with current and changing federal legislative and regulatory guidelines
- Assist with training and supervision of support staff to ensure office’s high student service standards.
- Serve as a backup for systems integration process (Powercampus and Powerfaids)
- Serve as a backup manager for Federal Work-Study Program
- Processing and reconciling NYS Grants (TAP/APTS)
- Processing and reconciling Veterans Awards.
- Test and implement technologies to support and enhance office
- Serve as a liaison for inter-departmental projects.
- Other duties and projects as required
- Bachelors required (Master’s preferred)
- At least 3 years’ experience working with federal financial aid programs and regulations
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a diverse dynamic team of professionals
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Weekend and evening hours required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of PowerFAIDS preferred
MCNY is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment. Students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and submit proof. Individuals who qualify may request a medical or religious exemption. Questions regarding an exemption should be emailed to JSantiago@mcny.edu. Individuals granted an exemption will need to provide a weekly negative test for Covid-19.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to MCNY Talent or mail to Metropolitan College of New York, Human Resources, 60 West Street, New York, NY 10006.
MCNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.