Metropolitan College of New York (MCNY) is a unique and vibrant learning institution. It is a non-profit, regionally accredited college offering associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees, with state-of-the-art campuses in the Financial District of Manhattan and the Hub district of the South Bronx. For over 50 years, MCNY has offered highly motivated learners a powerful model of Purpose-Centered Education that promotes personal transformation and constructive change in workplaces and communities. MCNY enrolls approximately 1,000 students annually into its accelerated degree programs with convenient onsite and remote schedules for added flexibility.
The Assistant Manager works with the Director of Human Resources to manage the recruitment and hiring process of employees; administers and manages employee benefits programs; processes biweekly payroll; and ensures compliance with College and legislative policy.
- Works with Director to prepare and process biweekly payroll.
- Manages the recruitment process; places advertisements for open positions and updates and maintains job postings.
- Works with Director to onboard new hires; process new employees, including payroll paperwork, developing accounts in Power Campus, coordinating office space, authorizing College identification card, reviewing employee material including compliance notices and employee handbook.
- Creates biweekly reports for submission of payments including monthly and biweekly TIAA contributions, employee health savings accounts, and commuter benefits.
- Manages and completes employment verification requests including, garnishment and child support orders.
- Works with Director to manage and respond to unemployment claims in a timely manner.
- Maintains paid time off schedules for non-faculty employees; certification of days and timesheets.
- Conducts monthly reconciliations of employee benefit invoices against enrollment information, and submits timely payment requisitions.
- Maintains personnel files and databases in accordance with HR retention policies.
- Assists with training initiatives.
- Manages online mandatory trainings including FERPA, Harassment Prevention, and Title IX and 129B.
- Works on special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of progressive HR experience.
- Must have experience with payroll and/or HRIS system; ADP Workforce Now or similar.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal, written, and customer service skills.
- Motivated with excellent organizational skills and able to work autonomously and in groups.
- Ability to maintain discretion in confidential matters.
- Knowledge of HR compliance and legislation matters; i.e., ADA, HIPPA, ACA, Harassment Prevention, etc.
MCNY is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment. Students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and submit proof. Individuals who qualify may request a medical or religious exemption. Questions regarding an exemption should be emailed to JSantiago@mcny.edu. Individuals granted an exemption will need to provide a weekly negative test for Covid-19.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to MCNY Talent or mail to Metropolitan College of New York, Human Resources, 60 West Street, New York, NY 10006.
MCNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.