Metropolitan College of New York (MCNY) is a unique and vibrant learning institution. It is a non-profit, regionally accredited college offering associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees, with state-of-the art campuses in the Financial District of Manhattan and the South Bronx hub district. MCNY’s academic and social justice mission aims to prepare students for professional success and empower them to deliver positive change to their communities and workplaces.
We seek an innovative faculty member to join our dynamic college. Serving as faculty provides an opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our motivated adult students.
The college seeks applications for a full-time faculty appointment of Assistant Professor to teach in the School for Business, expected to begin in July 2020. Competitive candidates will be a generalist in the fields of Business. Candidates with a background in Information Technology is required.
Competitive candidates should be eager to:
- Enhance undergraduate teaching to meet the needs of a diverse student body;
- Design and teach learning communities that enhance undergraduate teaching;
- Incorporate experiential learning and field work into students’ learning (e.g., service learning, internships, study abroad, etc.);
- Support the expansion of undergraduate learning and research using quantitative and/or qualitative methods; and
- Work collaboratively with other college programs.
- A doctorate in a relevant field with significant experience in developing curriculum and knowledge of learning theories for adult students;
- Background in Business and Information Technologies;
- Demonstrated experience with outcomes assessment;
- Experience teaching in interdisciplinary undergraduate programs;
- Demonstrated record of scholarship in the area of Social Justice;
- Ability to develop a strong research program that is capable of attracting internal and external funding;
- Direct experience working with or in social service provider organizations and knowledge of distance learning educational models is desirable.
- Ability to work successfully within a diverse cultural setting.
Qualified candidates should submit their letter of application, curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy, sample student evaluations and names and contact information for three references who can speak to the quality of teaching and professional experience.
Applications received by midnight January 21, 2020 will be given priority consideration.
MCNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.