Metropolitan College of New York (MCNY) is a unique and vibrant learning institution. It is a non-profit, regionally accredited college offering associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees, with state-of-the-art campuses in the Financial District of Manhattan and the Hub district of the South Bronx. For over 50 years, MCNY has offered highly motivated learners a powerful model of Purpose-Centered Education that promotes personal transformation and constructive change in workplaces and communities. MCNY enrolls approximately 1,000 students annually into its accelerated degree programs with convenient onsite and remote schedules for added flexibility.
MCNY seeks a well-organized, experienced professional with excellent customer service skills to manage the overall operations of the Bursar Office in the Bronx. The Associate Bursar will report to the College’s Bursar and will ensure student accounts are monitored, account balances paid, and payment plans properly scheduled in accordance with the College’s established policies and procedures. The Associate Bursar will also provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual analysis reports; generate reports via PowerCampus to determine student status and work with enrollment departments to ensure timely registration.
- Conduct follow-up with students who have past due accounts.
- Manage the accounts receivable on a daily basis.
- Work closely with collection agencies on student accounts for both Manhattan and the Bronx.
- Assist students with setting up BankMobile accounts for refund processing.
- Provide front desk coverage as needed, counsel students on financial issues.
- Represent the office at student orientations and financial literacy.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of Bursar or related financial experience.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and have knowledge of PowerCampus/Nelnet or similar information system.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent customer service and communications skills.
- Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
MCNY is operating in a hybrid work format as it has since July 2020. Currently, this role works at least 3 days a week from the office with up to 2 days of remote work per week. A willingness to commute to our office in the Bronx is required.
In compliance with NYC’s Pay Transparency Act, the annual base salary range for this position is
$70K- $75K. Metropolitan College of New York considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume MCNY Talent or mail to Department of Human Resources, Metropolitan College of New York, 60 West Street, New York, NY 10006.
MCNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.