Metropolitan College of New York (MCNY) is a unique and vibrant learning institution. It is a non-profit, regionally accredited college offering associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees, with state-of-the-art campuses in the Financial District of Manhattan and the Hub district of the South Bronx. For over 50 years, MCNY has offered highly motivated learners a well-rounded education that combines applied skills with professional knowledge to effect personal transformational and positive change in workplaces and communities.
MCNY seeks a Business Analyst to serve a as liaison between business users and system processes. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Technology, the Analyst will:
- Produce documentation outlining user specifications, business processes, functional specifications, test cases and system recommendations.
- Create flowcharts and similar process visualizations.
- Identify, track, report and resolve issues in timely manner with minimal direction.
- Sample, aggregate, and describe historical data from databases, spreadsheets, and unstructured file shares.
- Work with the database administrator to produce SQL reports for campus departments.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of tables, data and data relationships.
- Review upcoming ERP releases/enhancements and outline benefits to the campus.
- Analyze, model, recommend and implement solutions based on best practices.
- Exude confidence in making independent decisions.
- Support enterprise systems through direct interaction with staff, faculty, and students.
- Creative and critical thinking on process, security and/or system issues.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with student information systems such as PowerCampus by Ellucian, Slate by Technolutions, Great Plains by Microsoft, PowerFAIDS by College Board, Dynamic Forms by NGWeb Solutions, Nelnet, Moodle, ShoreTel, OCLC WMS, NSC eTranscript and Salsa.
- Higher Education experience with demonstrated knowledge of student records, enrollment and administrative business processes
- Knowledge of SQL, REST API’s, Python 3, JQuery desired
- Strong presentation, training, reporting, and efficient Zoom meeting skillsExperience in project management and cross unit collaboration desired
Qualified candidates should submit their letter of application, and resume to MCNY Talent or mail to Metropolitan College of New York, Human Resources, 60 West Street, New York, NY 10006.
MCNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.