Metropolitan College of New York (MCNY) is a unique and vibrant learning institution. It is a non-profit, regionally accredited college offering associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees, with state-of-the-art campuses in the Financial District of Manhattan and the Hub district of the South Bronx. For over 50 years, MCNY has offered highly motivated learners a well-rounded education that combines applied skills with professional knowledge to effect personal transformational and positive change in workplaces and communities. MCNY enrolls approximately 1,000 students annually into its accelerated degree programs with convenient onsite and remote schedules for added flexibility.
The Coordinator will work closely with the Dean, team of academic advisors and Chief Technology Officer, to support retention efforts across campus. The Coordinator will collect data, analyze data and report outcomes of student engagement and retention initiatives. They will practice data-driven outreach, and work with the enrollment departments to provide interventions that meet the needs of students. This position is funded by the Booth Ferris grant.
- Assist in student engagement and retention-focused programmatic initiatives, supporting outreach and tracking of students who have been identified as at -risk of persisting.
- Deliver targeted support interventions and work one-on-one with students to refer them to appropriate resources and track student progress
- Foster strong, collaborative working relationships with other student support staff, faculty, and students in support of student success initiatives for all students
- Work closely with the Director of Institutional Research and Dean of Students to track outcomes and the impact of student retention initiatives
- Partner with the Coordinator of Academic Engagement to measure the outcomes of the Success Coaching program
- Collaborate with Technology and Institutional Research staff to develop and refine tools that measure student engagement and facilitate interventions
- Perform other duties as determined by the Dean of Students
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred, in higher education, social work, counseling, educational leadership, or related fields
- Minimum of two years of administrative, counseling, or advising experience in Higher Education, preferably in student information systems (experience with PowerCampus and Early Alert Systems preferred)
- Microsoft Office proficiency; specifically Excel proficiency or ability to acquire proficiency within the first month of employment through training
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative analytics
- Ability to multi-task, be organized, and detail-oriented
- Experience working in a multicultural setting with adult learners, preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, collaborating as needed
- Demonstrated track record of initiative and/or project management
Qualified candidates will have a master’s degree in a relevant discipline and a minimum of five years of experience in higher education institutional research and assessment. This position requires excellent communication skills and analytic abilities; familiarity with educational technology and information systems; expertise with analytical and presentation software; understanding of trends in higher education and society; independence and initiative; and strong collaborative skills. Experience in the Middle States re-accreditation process is strongly preferred.
MCNY is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment. Students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and submit proof. Individuals who qualify may request a medical or religious exemption. Questions regarding an exemption should be emailed to ERobles@mcny.edu. Individuals granted an exemption will need to provide a weekly negative test for Covid-19.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume MCNY Talent or mail to Metropolitan College of New York, Human Resources, 60 West Street, New York, NY 10006.
MCNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.