Metropolitan College of New York (MCNY) is a unique and vibrant learning institution. It is a non-profit, regionally accredited college offering associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees, with state-of-the-art campuses in the Financial District of Manhattan and the Hub district of the South Bronx. For over 50 years, MCNY has offered highly motivated learners a well-rounded education that combines applied skills with professional knowledge to effect personal transformational and positive change in workplaces and communities. MCNY enrolls approximately 1,000 students annually into its accelerated degree programs with convenient onsite and remote schedules for added flexibility.
MCNY seeks a dynamic, technical expert with excellent customer service skills to join its team as the Director of E-Learning. The Director’s primary responsibilities are to ensure the quality of the e-learning environment and to foster innovative digital pedagogical initiatives throughout the college. The Director will develop cross-department partnerships that support our students, faculty and staff in e-learning initiatives.
- Collaborating and consulting with faculty on the development and implementation of innovative digital pedagogical initiatives that enhance inclusive and ADA-compliant learning.
- Ensuring quality of all E-learning course offerings at the college across programs and curriculum through a systematic review process.
- Monitoring client/user service needs and makes recommendations to improve support services. Triage online and learning management issues identified by students, staff and faculty and direct support for resolution.
- Chair the E-Learning Working Group to coordinate shared institutional efforts to enhance tools for teaching, learning and digital scholarship. The E-Learning Working Group includes Academic Affairs, Faculty, Student Services, Library, Learning Enhancement Commons, and Technology.
- Building partnerships to ensure that e-learning programs and services meet the needs of our students while promoting the adoption and use of learning applications.
- Working closely with departments such as the Library and Technology to provide appropriate and reliable responses to technological issues.
- Learning management system administration, development, training, and consultation.
- Developing and supporting continuous training opportunities for faculty, staff, and students.
- Investigating, researching, experimenting with, demonstrating, and supporting new, emerging, and innovative technologies.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Master’s degree
- 2 -3 years working with learning management systems
- Instruction experience in an online environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service and teamwork oriented
- Ability to work independently and in groups
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
In compliance with NYC’s Pay Transparency Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $80,000 – $95,000. Metropolitan College of New York considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to MCNY Talent or mail to Metropolitan College of New York, Human Resources, 60 West Street, New York, NY 10006.
MCNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.