Metropolitan College of New York (MCNY) is a unique and vibrant learning institution. It is a non-profit, regionally accredited college offering associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, with state-of-the-art campuses in the Financial District of Manhattan and the Hub district of the South Bronx. For over 50 years, MCNY has offered highly motivated learners a powerful model of Purpose-Centered Education that promotes personal transformation and constructive change in workplaces and communities. MCNY enrolls approximately 1,000 students annually into its accelerated degree programs with convenient onsite and remote schedules for added flexibility.
MCNY seeks a seasoned professional to serve as a Senior Admissions Counselor. Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Senior Admissions Counselor fulfills a professional role in support of prospective student enrollment both in the undergraduate and graduate programs. The Counselor participates in on and off campus outreach and recruitment activities; counsels prospective students on all aspects of the enrollment process including program review, financial resources, and requirements for matriculation; and maintains meaningful contact with prospective students through e-mail, text messaging, letters, interviews and other available communication vehicles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet set target goals for new undergraduate and graduate student enrollment through the process of inquiries, applications, and registered students.
- Partner with Academic Deans and Directors to create and present program-specific presentations.
- Host virtual and in-person visitation and information sessions for perspective students.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with high schools, colleges, businesses, civic organizations, community leaders and other entities that would potentially support enrollment efforts.
- Ensure documentation for acceptance and enrollment are collected, accurately recorded in the student file, and reconciled with the student database (Slate and PowerCampus).
- Provide campus tours to prospective students, their family and friends.
- Travel on behalf of the College for recruitment and other college-related events.
- Ensure that all Recruitment and Admissions Strategies are executed.
- Perform follow-up activities (phone calls, text messaging, emails, ZOOM) to prospective student inquiries, contacts and interviews.
- Actively adhere to and communicate the College’s institutional mission and educational model.
- Attain comprehensive knowledge and act as the liaison for MCNY programs.
- Attain comprehensive knowledge and act as the liaison for students enrolling as one of the following: International Student, U.S. Armed Forces Veteran, or high school student population cohort.
- Mentor new hires and colleagues in the admissions department.
- Serve as a liaison between students and various departments within the college.
- Perform stretch assignments and other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of admissions or student recruiting experience
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs
- Demonstrate proficiency with CRM experience, e.g., Slate, Salesforce, or other
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and complete work with or without deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills-including public speaking comfort and ability
- Excellent customer service and inter-personal skills required
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends as assigned
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter to MCNY Talent or mail to Metropolitan College of New York, Human Resources, 60 West Street, New York, NY 10006.
MCNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.