Metropolitan College of New York (MCNY), an innovative, non-profit college offering a powerful model of Purpose-Centered Education that promotes constructive change, seeks a Senior Grant Writer to work with the Chief Development Officer to expand fundraising capacity in support of the college and its students.
MCNY’s academic and social justice mission aims to prepare students for professional success and empower them to deliver positive change to their communities and workplaces. The college’s two new, state-of-the-art campuses are ideally located on West Street in the Financial District and in the South Bronx in the Hub district.
This position offers a unique opportunity for a seasoned grant writer to make a meaningful difference in the lives of adult students by serving as the lead in acquiring government and foundation support for current and planned MCNY initiatives through researching funding opportunities, developing grant opportunities, writing proposals and LOIs, and assisting in evaluating project results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize, develop and write grant proposals, including budgets.
- Research relevant potential funding sources including private, state, federal, and corporate sources, and align eligibility criteria to current or planned programs.
- Assist in the solicitation of funding sources at state, national and local levels for identified College and student needs.
- Researches eligibility criteria of potential grant opportunities and matches potential grants to the appropriate departments and programs within the College.
- Works with the Chief Development Officer to prepare and submit proposals and progress reports.
- Assists and participates in development office activities, programs and projects including student and alumni activities.
- Assists with maintaining files, record systems, project applications, awards, and supporting documents for compliance reports.
- Monitors compliance with proposal objectives and funding entity’s reporting and accountability standards.
- Monitors the College’s fiscal and in-kind matching commitments for proposals and funded programs
- Assists in developing policies and procedures for grantsmanship.
- Draft other fundraising communications as requested.
- Develops and monitors an annual calendar of funding deadlines.
- Supports the mission and values of the College and aligns funding efforts to support them.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Four (4) years of experience in organizing and coordinating a grant initiative program, public relations, fundraising program or a communications division
- Experience in higher education preferred
- Demonstrated success in writing and receiving federal and local government grants
- Demonstrated ability to meet grant proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with stakeholders, contributing status information to review meetings; and submitting the proposal
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including presentation software
- Experience working with a fundraising tracking system
- Demonstrated, excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to MCNY Talent or mail to Metropolitan College of New York, Human Resources, 60 West Street, New York, NY 10006.
MCNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.