Metropolitan College of New York (MCNY) is a unique and vibrant learning institution. It is a non-profit, regionally accredited college offering associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees, with state-of-the-art campuses in the Financial District of Manhattan and the Hub district of the South Bronx. For over 50 years, MCNY has offered highly motivated learners a powerful model of Purpose-Centered Education that promotes personal transformation and constructive change in workplaces and communities. MCNY enrolls approximately 1,000 students annually into its accelerated degree programs with convenient onsite and remote schedules for added flexibility.
MCNY seeks a full-time Social Worker to provide direct counseling, referrals and case management for students dealing with the many demands of school and their personal lives.
- Completes psychosocial assessments to identify behavioral health risk and need levels
- Implements short term treatment plans and makes referrals as necessary
- Documents patients’ progress toward goals, contacts and outcomes in weekly progress notes
- Refers students to community based social service agencies to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness
- Recruit and supervise an intern (as volume warrants)
- Maintain patient confidentiality as required by the Social Security Act and HIPAA
- Critically analyzes , monitors and evaluates intervention and program processes and outcomes
- Makes ethical decisions by applying the standards of the NASW Code of ethics, and relevant laws and regulations
- Stimulates effective communication between individuals and groups
- Organizes group meetings and educational forums on topics such as: parenting, stress management, domestic violence
- Partners with the Coordinator of Accessibility and Accommodations to evaluate accommodations for students with disabilities
- Serves as the back up to the Coordinator of Accessibility and Accommodations
- Assists the Dean of Students with managing the Emergency Fund Grant
- Assists Dean of Students with managing Covid-19 protocols.
- Supervise graduate school work interns in the delivery of services
- Master’s degree in social work; current NYS licensed Master of Social Work (LMSW) required LCSW preferred. SIFI field instruction certification required to supervise MSW graduate students
- Five years of clinical and/or case management experience
- Higher education experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and experience with Electronic Health Records systems
- Experience working with diverse client populations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a team
- Excellent problem solving and judgement skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities
- Initiative to develop educational programs as needed by student population
- Ability to work some late evenings, and/or weekends, onsite or virtual, as required by student needs.
- Assist students at both the Manhattan and Bronx campuses
MCNY is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment. Students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and submit proof. Individuals who qualify may request a medical or religious exemption. Questions regarding an exemption should be emailed to JSantiago@mcny.edu. Individuals granted an exemption will need to provide a weekly negative test for Covid-19.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to MCNY Talent or mail to Metropolitan College of New York, Human Resources, 60 West Street, New York, NY 10006.
MCNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.