Open House2020-10-21T13:51:51-04:00
Metropolitan College of New York

Now Enrolling for Spring'21 & Summer'21

Admissions Events at MCNY

  1. Emergency Management

    Wednesday, November 4, 2020
    7:00 PM
  2. Undergraduate Business Information Session

    Thursday, November 5, 2020
    6:00 PM
  3. General Webinar Information Session

    Saturday, November 7, 2020
    11:00 AM
  4. CASAC

    Monday, November 9, 2020
    6:00 PM

Join us for a free webinar to meet with an admission counselor and learn about our exciting programs. See how MCNY can help you change your life, and what are the possible career paths once you complete your education.

With an accredited degree from Metropolitan College of New York

Campuses in

Manhattan and Bronx

Accelerated Degrees In


Human Services

Public Affairs


Emergency Management

Healthcare Management

IT Management

Community Health

Programs Designed for Working Adults

Convenient Schedules

Evening and weekend classes, so you don’t have to put your life on pause.

Financial Aid + Scholarships

Financial aid and Scholarships are available to qualified applicants.

Lifetime Career Counseling

MCNY students and alumni receive lifetime career support and counseling.

Want to find out more?

RSVP For a Free Webinar

Prepare for What’s Next

At Metropolitan College, our professors are active experts in their fields. You will learn skills from real life experiences, and be empowered to apply them towards your career growth.

“I attended MCNY because I felt it was different and offered more than most colleges. Purpose-Centered Education provides a level of hands-on experience you just don’t get elsewhere. The MPA program curriculum was truly impressive. I graduated more equipped and with more confidence than I had before. I came out knowing that I could write a great grant proposal—because I had.”

Syrena Huggins

MCNY Alumna

Our Alumni Love Us

Make a difference in your life, and your community.

“I have gratitude for MCNY and gratitude for Audrey Cohen because her concept was just great. When you leave MCNY your perspective and the way you view things totally changes. I no longer look at things at face value. At MCNY you’re taught to go behind what you see with context and I now tell my students to always unpack the layers. MCNY has such wealth of knowledge and has offered so much to people. It’s incredible how others don’t know about it.”

Michael Goodman


“Before I came to MCNY, I compartmentalized a lot. I was conditioned to be that way. At MCNY, I realized I can be more than one thing and that I’m purpose driven and mission driven. The difference MCNY made was that I had to grow and I couldn’t make excuses anymore. The College helped me be more accountable for my life and what I wanted to do.”

Krystal Melendez

MCNY Alumna

“I have gratitude for MCNY and gratitude for Audrey Cohen because her concept was just great. When you leave MCNY your perspective and the way you view things totally changes. I no longer look at things at face value. At MCNY you’re taught to go behind what you see with context and I now tell my students to always unpack the layers. MCNY has such wealth of knowledge and has offered so much to people. It’s incredible how others don’t know about it.”

Michael Goodman


“Before I came to MCNY, I compartmentalized a lot. I was conditioned to be that way. At MCNY, I realized I can be more than one thing and that I’m purpose driven and mission driven. The difference MCNY made was that I had to grow and I couldn’t make excuses anymore. The College helped me be more accountable for my life and what I wanted to do.”

Krystal Melendez

MCNY Alumna

Trusted by leading organisations

Read More Case Studies

Improve Customer Retention and Sales.

Nullam suscipit eu lacus quis tristique. Vivamus dapibus ultricies nulla eget efficitur rhoncus odio sit amet ante luctus faucibus. Praesent sollicitudin purus. Nam fringilla est in velit.

Strategic Marketing Workshop & Plan

Starting at


  • Quick wins to increase customer acquisition, lead an sales
  • We wont ask you to spend more
  • We drive more traffic, customers and sales to your business
  • We provide real, practical marketing advice
  • We report to you on a monthly basis what we have done
  • Watch as your business grows and expands from all the new leads
  • Processes are time-tested and field proven
Yes, I Want A Free Quote

We’ll be in touch soon!

What problem are you trying to solve?

What is CASHNet?2017-11-15T14:36:38-05:00

CASHNet is a new electronic billing, payment and refund service offered by MCNY. Through this service, students will have the ability to check monthly billing statements and pay tuition and other expenses online.

What are some of the benefits using CASHNet?2017-11-15T14:37:10-05:00
  • Convenient access to e-bills and payment services 24 hours a day / 7 days a week via the Internet using your secure, MCNY Self-Service account.
  • Ability to make payments via electronic check or credit card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa).
  • Private secure services. Data is encrypted.
  • Convenient access for Parents and other Authorized Users/Payers to view student billing information and make payments on behalf of the student.
  • Access to online payment history.
  • Ability to print an e-bill at any time via the Internet.
  • Email notification that e-bill statement is available and/or optional notification via text message.
How do I access CASHNet?2017-11-15T14:37:39-05:00

Students will access CASHNet through the Finances Tab of MCNY’s Student Portal – Self-Service. Once there, students will be redirected to CASHNet’s secure portal to view official eBills and/or make payments. Here is what you will do:

  1. Go to
  2. Enter your username and password.
  3. Select BILLING AND PAYMENTS from the navigation bar.
  4. Select BALANCE from the red navigation bar to view your current balance detail. (You may bypass this step.)
  5. Select PAY ONLINE AND VIEW BILLING STATEMENTS from the red navigation bar. This link will take you to the CASHNet portal where you will be able to view your balances, make your payment and/or view your static billing statement.

Please note: Billing statements are generally published every month. Although the information on the statement is static, the CASHNet balance will always be the real-time balance.

How will I know when my eBill is available?2017-11-15T14:37:56-05:00

Each time a new billing statement is available, an email from will be sent to your official MCNY email address.

How do students give Parents or other Authorized Users/Payers access?2017-11-15T14:38:13-05:00

Students have the option to designate a parent, spouse or others to be Authorized Users/Payers. Students use their own CASHNet account to set up and manage Authorized User/Payer accounts. After students designate individuals as Authorized Users/Payers, CASHNet will email the Authorized Users/Payers access information to their own separate Authorized User/Payer accounts. Student must have the email address of the Authorized User/Payer in order to complete the process.

To designate an authorized user:

  1. Go to and log in.
  2. Select BILLING AND PAYMENTS from the navigation bar.
  3. Select PAY ONLINE AND VIEW BILLING STATEMENTS from the red navigation bar. This will take you to your CASHNet ACCOUNT HOME PAGE.
  4. From YOUR ACCOUNT HOME PAGE find the AUTHORIZED PAYERS box. Click on the ADD NEW link.
  5. Enter the following information:
    • Authorized Payer (name of mother, father, spouse, etc.).
    • Email Address (Authorized User’s personal email address).
    • Confirm Email Address.
    • Add a Note to the welcome email (CASHNet will send an email to your Authorized user with a temporary user name and password. (You may personalize that message here.)
    • Should this person… Set user’s permission level by responding to each of the 4 questions in this section.
    • Click on OK to complete the process or click on Cancel.

Once you have completed this process CASHNet will send a welcome email to the email address you provided. The email will contain your optional note, login ID, temporary password and a link to access the Authorized User/Payer CASHNet Portal.

Authorized Users/Payers may then use this site to view their student’s e-bill and any past payments made by that authorized user. Students can withdraw permission at any time by changing the access level of the user.

After their first login, Authorized Users/Payers may go directly to their payment portal by using the URL:

It is the student’s responsibility to manage their Authorized Users/Payers.

Do I have to be on eBilling?2017-11-15T14:38:31-05:00

Yes, the College has designated electronic billing as the official means of generating tuition & related expenses. All currently enrolled students will receive an email notifying them that a bill is available for viewing. Each time a bill is available, an email will be sent to your official MCNY email address.

How do I print a paper copy of my bill?2017-11-15T14:39:02-05:00

CASHNet stores copies of billing statements. Students can easily print a copy of their e-bill using any computer connected to the Internet and a printer.

The bills are available in PDF format and can be printed using the <PRINT> icon on the PDF reader tool bar.

If I make a payment, can I view it on my electronic bill or eBill immediately?2017-11-15T14:39:18-05:00

No, because the electronic bill is a static monthly billing statement. Payments made to your account will be reflected on your next electronic bill. However, students can verify payments posted in dynamic real-time by logging onto Self-Service.

Once logged in on Self-Service,

  1. Select BILLING AND PAYMENTS from the navigation bar
  2. Select BALANCE from the red navigation bar to view your current balance detail. Next, via the drop down, select the period (year and term) you would like to view (ex. fall 2011). You may view by Detail by Charges/Credit, Detail by Summary Type and/or Balance Summary.

Please note that Authorized Users/Payers can only see a summarized general balance in real-time through the CASHNet site. They will not be able to see the payment reflected until the next monthly billing statement.

Do students or Authorized Users/Payers have to make their payments online?2017-11-15T14:39:38-05:00

No, students or Authorized Users/Payers can print a hard copy of the eBill via the Internet and mail their payment (check, cashier’s check, money order) along with the remittance portion of the printed eBill to the mailing address on the remittance slip.

Make payments payable to: MCNY

NOTE: Make sure the student’s MCNY ID number is written on the paper check.

What is an electronic check (also known as an ACH)?2017-11-15T14:40:02-05:00

An electronic check (e-Check or ACH transfer) is similar to writing a paper check. The only difference is that you are authorizing the debiting of your checking or savings account online without presenting a physical paper check.

Once you are logged on to the CASHNet site and begin to make a payment, you will be asked which method of electronic payment you wish to use: credit card or electronic check (ACH).

You will need your bank account number and routing number (located at the bottom of your paper check). You can choose to store this information on the secure CASHNet site for future use. If you choose not to store the account number and routing numbers on the CASHNet site, you will have to re-enter this information each time you make a payment.

Does CASHNet charge for e-billing and e-check (ACH)?2017-11-15T14:40:18-05:00

No, CASHNet offers these services free of charge.

Can I submit a post-dated online electronic check?2017-11-15T14:40:34-05:00

No, the policy regarding postdated checks remains the same as if you were submitting a paper check. The college does not accept post-dated checks.

Whom should I contact if I have further questions?2017-11-15T14:40:48-05:00

If you have any additional questions about CASHNet or other student account issues, please contact:

Metropolitan College of New York
60 West Street
New York, N.Y. 10006

212-343-1234 ext. 5002

How do I know if I qualify for accommodations?2017-06-29T12:37:55-04:00

If you suspect you have a medical, psychological, or learning disability, you must be evaluated by a medical professional that can provide you with an assessment and evaluation that documents the nature of your disability.

I received special education (IDEA) or 504 services in high school how are these services different in college?2017-06-29T12:37:37-04:00

In college, students with disabilities are covered under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). IDEA no longer applies. Since this is the case, the legal obligations change. There is no special education in college. Colleges do not have to seek out students with disabilities. It is the student’s responsibility to seek out services through the Office of Accommodation and Accessibility Services.

How long does it take to receive accommodations?2017-06-29T12:37:19-04:00

Once the completed Application for Accommodations and Documentation of the Disability have been received and reviewed, you will be approved for your accommodations within 1-2 weeks.

How do I know if my accommodations have been approved?2017-06-29T12:37:02-04:00

You will receive an Accommodation Letter (via email) from the Office of Accommodation and Accessibility Services that will also be sent to all professors for the current semester informing them of your approved accommodations.

Do I have to make an appointment to receive accommodations?2017-06-29T12:36:46-04:00

Please email to schedule an appointment with an Office of Accommodation and Accessibility Services representative.

What should I communicate to my professors?2017-06-29T12:36:31-04:00

Once the professors have received the Accommodation Letter (via email) you should reach out to your professors to discuss how to best utilize your accommodations for each specific course.

Is my information confidential?2017-06-29T12:36:15-04:00

Yes, all information and documentation provided will remain confidential and kept separate from all other student education records. Learn more.

I suspect I have a learning disability; can the Office of Accommodation and Accessibility Services conduct the evaluations and/or assessment to provide a diagnosis?2017-06-29T12:35:59-04:00

Unfortunately, MCNY does not have the resources on campus to provide evaluations or assessments to students with disabilities. However, you can view a list of evaluation resources.

What is the timeline? When will our next president take office?2017-12-19T15:04:26-05:00

MCNY spent the summer of 2017 developing the Presidential Search Profile and received applications and nominations through early November. The search committee hosted an initial round of interviews in December 2017 and will be bringing four finalists to campus in January 2018. The next president is expected to take office in summer 2018.

Who chooses the next president of MCNY?2017-06-20T14:47:19-04:00

The next president of MCNY will be selected and appointed by the Board of Trustees per MCNY’s bylaws. The Board of Trustees has appointed a search working group and hired search consultants to help develop the search pool, vet candidates, and manage the search process. The Trustees also recognize and value the importance of key stakeholder participation in the process and will engage stakeholders in different ways throughout the search.

How will members of the MCNY community participate in the search process?2017-06-20T14:48:36-04:00

As the consultants help the Trustees develop the Presidential Search Profile, all members of the community are invited to participate in the scheduled community forums and/or our online survey. This input will be crucial as MCNY develops a candidate profile and begins recruiting candidates.

Representatives from different stakeholder groups including faculty, staff, students and alumni will be included on the Presidential Search Advisory Committee.

Once the Presidential Search Profile is complete, MCNY will launch a nomination portal where members of the community can nominate individuals they think would make wonderful candidates.

Finally, when finalist candidates are selected, the MCNY community will be engaged to meet these individuals.

Are internal candidates treated any differently than external candidates?2017-06-19T13:29:19-04:00

Internal candidates, that already have some relationship with MCNY, are vetted in the same way as external candidates. All will be assessed based on the Presidential Search Profile. The committee will recommend the strongest candidates for further consideration based on the presidential search qualifications and experiences.

How can I nominate someone or apply myself?2017-12-19T15:04:55-05:00

The period to nominate yourself or someone else has closed. Nominations were open until November 8, 2018.

Why is confidentiality so important in a search process?2017-06-19T13:27:50-04:00

Many of our candidates will hold key positions at other institutions and will not participate in a search unless they are assured of confidentiality because they do not want to jeopardize their effectiveness in their current positions. All members of the search committee and Trustees have agreed to confidentiality for all discussions and deliberations related to the presidential search.

What is Satisfactory Academic Progress2017-04-20T11:11:10-04:00

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)

Federal regulations (Sections 668.16(e).668.32(f) and 668.34)   require that schools monitor the academic progress of each applicant for federal financial assistance and that the school certify that the applicant is making satisfactory academic progress toward earning his/her degree.

This determination of progress is made at the end of each semester (fall, spring and summer) for all full-time and part-time undergraduate and graduate degree candidates. The review includes a determination as to whether the student has met the cumulative qualitative and quantitative standards set forth in the College’s SAP policy. Specifically included in the review is a measurement of the student’s Pace to ensure that the student will complete the program within the maximum timeframe. Students will be notified in writing of the results of an evaluation that impacts the student’s eligibility for federal and institutional financial assistance.

Qualitative SAP Standards

2.0 cumulative Grade Point Average for undergraduates

3.0 cumulative Grade Point Average for graduates

Quantitative SAP Standards (PACE and Maximum Timeframe)

PACE: Students must have earned at least 67% of their attempted course credits to be considered to be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress minimum standards. In other words, a student’s pace is calculated by dividing the cumulative number of credits that the student has successfully completed by the cumulative number of credits that the student has attempted.

Maximum Timeframe:  Students are permitted to receive federal student aid up to the maximum timeframe of 150% of the published length of the education program in attempted and transfer credits. Students are not eligible to receive federal financial assistance beyond this point.

Example: Published length of an Associate of Arts in Human Services is 60 credits. Students are permitted to receive federal student aid up to the maximum of 90 credits in pursuant of an Associate Degree.

Transfer credits are counted in both the cumulative number of successfully completed and attempted credits.

Attempted credits include incompletes (I and EI), repeated courses, failures (FNS, FWD and F), or withdrawals (WP).

Repeated courses

Students may not receive financial aid for more than one repetition of a previously passed course. Courses repeated due to an earlier failing grade are eligible for federal student aid if the course is a requirement for the student’s degree program.


Attempted hours are those hours for which students were still officially registered at the conclusion of each semester’s Add/Drop period. Withdrawals made after the close of the Add/Drop period are classified with a grade of “WP”, and are counted as courses attempted and toward the maximum time frame for eligibility. Withdrawals made during the Add/Drop period do not count as attempted hours.

Change in Majors

Students who change their majors will normally be expected to complete all degree requirements before reaching 150% maximum time of normal program completion.

Reviewing SAP

Students meeting all minimum SAP standards are packaged for the full academic year. Students not meeting all minimum standards are subject to financial aid warning and suspension of financial aid eligibility. Alternatively, students may appeal the decision to regain eligibility.

Financial Aid Warning

Students who drop below the required qualitative and quantitative standards will receive a Financial Aid Warning for one semester.

Maintaining/Regaining Eligibility

Students can regain eligibility for financial assistance after the warning period as soon as they meet the qualitative and quantitative standards for SAP as stated above.

Financial Aid Suspension

A student on financial aid warning who has not met all SAP qualitative and quantitative standards by the end of the next semester of enrollment and who does not have an approved appeal on file with the financial aid office is no longer eligible to receive financial aid assistance.

A student who has lost eligibility to participate in federal student aid programs for reasons of academic progress can regain that eligibility only by enrolling at MCNY at his/her own expense and demonstrating that he/she is capable of completing a semester without any failures, incompletes or withdrawals and showing the ability to complete his degree requirements in a more regular fashion.

Right to Appeal

A student who becomes ineligible for financial aid (after receiving a financial aid warning and suspension) may submit a Satisfactory Academic Progress Request for Review to the Director of Financial Aid Office including the following information:

  • Explanation of mitigating circumstance such as death of a family member, or a student’s personal illness or injury that resulted in the failure to meet SAP,
  • Explanation of what has changed that will allow student to demonstrate SAP progress at the end of the next evaluation period, and/or
  • An “academic plan of action” completed with an academic advisor.

The appeal along with all required statements and documentation will usually be reviewed by the Director of Financial Aid within ten business days of receipt of appeal. The Director of Financial Aid will consider waiving the SAP standards for a student who documents mitigating circumstances that contributed to their academic difficulties.

In some cases, it may be mathematically impossible for a student to repair his or her SAP deficiencies with one term of enrollment. In such cases, a student’s SAP appeal may be approved with an academic plan to restore SAP deficiencies over more than one term. In these cases, the Office of Student Services in consultation with the Director of Financial Aid will develop an academic plan with the student that, if followed, will ensure that the student is able to meet the College’s SAP standards by a specific point in time. The academic plan may require the student to fulfill specific terms and conditions, such as taking a reduced course load or enrolling in specific courses.

Financial Aid Probation

Students who do not meet the qualitative and quantitative standards and have successfully appealed to regain their financial aid eligible are placed on Financial Aid Probation. Students on financial aid probation retain both federal and institutional aid eligibility for one semester or as stated on the academic plan of action.

If the student continues to not meet the minimum SAP standards, s/he is no longer eligible for federal or institutional aid until these standards is met.

New York State TAP Program Pursuit and Academic Progress Eligibility Charts

To be eligible for TAP, you must be a full -time matriculated student. New York State regulations require recipients to maintain satisfactory academic progress and program pursuit. The charts below outline each TAP payment requirements.

New York State Satisfactory Academic Progress Charts


Baccalaureate Program: Students First NYS Award Payment in 2010-11 and After – non-remedial

Before Being Certified for This Payment









A Student Must Have Accrued at Least This Many Credits









With at Least This Grade Point Average (GPA)










Associate 2 Year Program: Students First NYS Award Payment in 2010-11 and After – Non-remedial

Before Being Certified for This Payment






A Student Must Have Accrued at Least This Many Credits






With at Least This Grade Point Average (GPA)






The table above illustrates the specific requirements needed to receive TAP. It is important to note that the number of credit hours that must be completed and earned depends on the number of TAP payments the student has received, not on the year of enrollment. Visit the NYS HESC website for full information.

Waiver of Academic Standing Requirement

Students who are academically ineligible for the New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) due to a documentable circumstance may apply for a one-time waiver of the Academic Progress/Programs Pursuit requirements and a one-time waiver of the grade point average requirement. However, multiple waivers for the TAP progress and pursuit requirements are not granted. Valid circumstances include illness, death of a family member, or other situations that may have adversely affected their academic work. Students who would like to be considered for a TAP waiver should contact the Office of the Registrar.

How do I apply for veterans’ benefits?2017-02-13T19:13:18-05:00

To apply for veterans’ benefits, bring a certified copy (or copy #4) of your DD214 form to the office of the registrar with your acceptance letter. MCNY is approved for the training of veterans by the New York State Department of Education.

Veterans may be certified for benefits for one semester at a time and must contact the registrar prior to the start of each new semester to be recertified. Veterans should be aware that any change in student status, such as nonattendance or withdrawal, may affect their benefits and must be reported immediately to the registrar.

The office of student services provides tutoring to veterans and counselors make every effort to assist veterans in making the most of their potential as students. For more information, students should contact: New York State Regional Office of the Veterans Administration, 252 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10001, 212-620-6514.

If I have a bursar or library balance, may I still request a transcript? May I have an unofficial copy instead? May I request a transcript for employment?2017-02-13T19:13:18-05:00

MCNY policy restricts you from receiving any type of transcript with a bursar or library balance.

If my transcript was sent but the recipient still has not received it, what do I do next?2017-12-15T12:13:10-05:00

Our new, electronic ordering system will notify you via email when your recipient has downloaded the digital PDF transcript. If you requested a physical copy through the mail and have questions, please contact the office of the registrar.

How do I transfer from one degree or program to another?2017-02-13T19:13:18-05:00

You must complete a Change of Degree/Curriculum form and fax to the office of the registrar. Please consult the Student Handbook for the policies governing the transfer that you are considering.

I’ve completed registration, but my name does not appear on the attendance roster. Why?2017-02-13T19:13:18-05:00

Contact the Office of the Registrar to confirm that you are registered and that you are attending the courses and sections for which you are registered.

If I were unable to come in person, how would I obtain my diploma?2017-02-13T19:13:18-05:00

If you are not able to come to the office in person due to extenuating circumstances, you may request that the diploma be mailed to you. If your circumstances are due to medical disability or an out-of-state residence, you may fax a written request to the attention of the office of the registrar at 212-343-7397, including your:

  • Name
  • Student ID or social security number
  • Former mailing address
  • New mailing address
  • Photo ID: A photocopy of your MCNY ID card, driver’s license, job photo ID or passport
  • Reason for requesting it be mailed to you with supporting documentation (if medical)
  • Signature

We will mail your diploma certified to the new address you indicate. If you have a bursar or library hold, you must contact that office and resolve the balance before your diploma is released.

Please note: Students who live within the New York metropolitan area and those who do not have a documented physical impairment are expected to retrieve their diplomas in person. The office of the registrar will not honor such requests.

How do I change my name for the diploma?2017-02-13T19:13:18-05:00

You must complete an Application for Graduation to have your folder audited for graduation and to verify the name you would like to appear on the diploma. Any changes of name must be notarized with supporting documentation and the Change of Name form.
Please note: Once you have completed the course requirements at the close of your final semester, pending or outstanding grades notwithstanding, no additional changes to your name will be accepted.

How can I order a replacement for my original diploma?2017-02-13T19:13:18-05:00

MCNY does not issue duplicate diplomas for graduates. The diploma that you receive is the only copy to which you will be entitled. Please keep it in a safe place.

How soon will I get my diploma?2017-02-13T19:13:18-05:00

A thorough degree audit of every candidate’s folder may take eight to 10 weeks before the graduating class is certified. Once the class has been certified, the office of the registrar orders the diplomas from an outside source. It usually takes several weeks (and up to four months in unusual circumstances) to fill an order. Upon receipt of the diplomas, the office of the registrar will package each diploma and mail pick-up instructions to each graduate.

Will I receive my diploma at the graduation ceremony?2017-02-13T19:13:18-05:00

No, diploma distribution is not part of the actual ceremony. Graduates will be notified at a later date by the office of the registrar by mail when the diplomas are available with instructions on how to retrieve them.

When are loan deferments processed?2017-02-13T19:13:18-05:00

Loan deferments are processed after you have been verified for four weeks of attendance.

What is a loan deferment?2017-02-13T19:13:18-05:00

A loan deferment certifies your enrollment for the current semester allowing you to postpone repayment of the principal balance of the loan. The In-School Deferment must be returned to the office of the registrar.

Are there any health requirements to enroll at MCNY?2017-02-13T19:13:18-05:00

New York State law requires that all students submit proof of immunity against mumps, measles and rubella.

How do I participate in the graduation ceremony?2017-02-13T19:13:18-05:00

Call 212-343-1234, ext. 7005 for information. A memo is mailed to each eligible student with information about participating in commencement well in advance.

What documents do I need to file to graduate?2017-02-13T19:13:18-05:00

The office of the registrar only requires a completed Application for Graduation.

Is my folder complete? How do I check my folder?2017-02-13T19:13:18-05:00

Contact the admissions department at 212 343-1234, ext. 5001 to verify that all of your required admissions documents are in your folder. For more information on the academic requirements to graduate your particular degree program, consult the Student Handbook.

If I have submitted work to my professor and am expecting a grade change, how do I verify that the grade has been changed?2017-02-13T19:13:18-05:00

The report reflecting the updated grade will be printed and mailed to you.

When does my “I” turn into an “F”?2017-02-13T19:13:18-05:00

The “I” turns into an “F” after the tenth week of the new semester.

How soon do I have to turn in my work to resolve an incomplete?2017-02-13T19:13:19-05:00

You must turn in work to satisfy your incomplete grade by the date indicated by your professor on an Incomplete Grade Notification form, but no later than the seventh week of the new semester. It is important to clear up any incompletes quickly. Check the academic calendar for specific dates.

What does an “NR” grade mean?2017-02-13T19:13:19-05:00

The “NR” is a temporary placeholder grade issued by the office of the registrar in cases where the grade intended by the professor is unclear. The professor is notified and upon the professor’s reply, the “NR” will be replaced with an actual grade. An updated grade report with the professor’s intended grade will be sent to you.

What is MCNY’s grading scale?2018-05-10T12:58:13-04:00

MCNY will have grades ranging from “A” through “F” and will also include minus grades. Click here to download a Transcript Explanation form.

If a company/employer needs to verify my enrollment, what is required in order to receive the information?2017-02-13T19:14:35-05:00

The company must provide to the office of the registrar a written request including a copy of the release form that you signed authorizing that your educational information may be released to them. Processing time is usually one to two business days from the day that the request is received.

How would I request a transcript?2017-12-15T12:12:41-05:00

MCNY transcripts are requested via our new, online ordering system. We recommend selecting the electronic PDF delivery method, as it usually provides your transcript in just a few minutes. The PDF is digitally signed for authenticity.

Are there income tax implications if I use the voucher?2017-02-13T19:14:35-05:00

Yes, MCNY must issue an IRS 1099 form at the year’s end for the value of the tuition of the course(s) covered by the voucher(s). You are encouraged to discuss this with your tax advisor.

What happens to my voucher if I should withdraw?2017-02-13T19:14:35-05:00

The voucher is expended once you enroll. No extension, replacement or rain check will be issued if you withdraw.

Will a duplicate voucher be issued if one is lost?2017-02-13T19:14:35-05:00

No, the voucher will not be replaced.

Might someone else use the voucher if I am unable?2017-02-13T19:14:35-05:00

No, the voucher is not transferable.

Will I be guaranteed enrollment for the course that I choose?2017-02-13T19:14:35-05:00

Although priority seating will be offered to paying enrollees, MCNY will strive to place you in your chosen course.

How many courses may I take?2017-02-13T19:14:35-05:00

You may take one course per voucher. If you have two vouchers you may take two courses.

What is the cost of the course?2017-02-13T19:14:35-05:00

Although the course is free with the voucher, you are responsible for all applicable fees and the cost of books.

When may I register as cooperating teacher?2017-02-13T19:14:35-05:00

Registration with the voucher extends from the end of preregistration (academic advisement) through the first day of classes. Please check the academic calendar for specific dates.

What do I do once I have received the GED?2017-02-13T19:14:35-05:00

Since you will receive the only original, please bring the GED to the office of the registrar to update your folder.

How and when may I apply for my GED?2017-02-13T19:14:35-05:00

MCNY does not issue the GED. Please read the directions thoroughly and complete a GED Requirements Packet. If you have satisfied the course requirements, you may submit the packet and a money order to the office of the registrar. The office of the registrar will then send the packet and money order to the NY State Education Department (NYSED) in Albany. It often takes up to three months for NYSED to send you the GED.

I am not happy with my grade from last semester, how do I refute it?2017-02-13T19:14:35-05:00

A student can contest the grades by filling out a Grades Appeal Form with the office of the registrar. The form can be also found in the Student Handbook.

When is the last date to register? When is the last day to drop a class?2017-02-13T19:14:35-05:00

Refer to the academic calendar for important academic dates.

When does the semester start and end? Which Holidays are observed by MCNY?2018-02-15T12:46:02-05:00

Refer to the academic calendar for all important MCNY dates.

Are all college credits transferable?2017-02-13T19:14:35-05:00

No, we must have an articulation agreement with the college and you must have a grade of C or better in order to transfer. The maximum is 64 credits.

What is advisement?2017-02-13T18:17:11-05:00

Advisement is when you meet with a counselor in student services and go over your grades from past semesters and the class schedule for the upcoming semester. The registration form is then completed for the upcoming semester. This is a time to discuss your academic and career goals and any relevant issues.

Do I have to do the FAFSA every semester?2017-02-13T18:15:44-05:00

No, the FASFA covers three semesters. You must complete the FAFSA every year during the spring semester when you do advisement for the summer semester. Find out more about financial aid here.

When is the latest date that I can officially withdraw?2017-02-13T18:15:06-05:00

The last day of the tenth week. Refer to the academic calendar for the specific date.

How can I contact a professor in between classes or when classes are not held?2017-02-13T18:13:59-05:00

If you do not have his/her number, you may email them using the first letter of their first name and their last

What should I do if I can’t come to class?2017-02-13T18:12:59-05:00

If you are not going to class, call or email your professor. If possible, make arrangements with a classmate to hand-in your homework or email to your professor any assignments due. Also, contact one of your classmates to get any assignment you might miss.

What other sources of financial aid should I check out?2017-02-13T17:57:24-05:00

If you or your parents are employed ask your company or labor union if it has a tuition reimbursement program.

Check to see if the church or community organization you or your parents belong to has an educational grant or scholarship program.

If you are a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces or the child of a veteran, you may be eligible for veterans’ educational benefits. Learn about your eligibility for these benefits at the Veterans Administration GI bill website.

Vocational and Educational Services for individuals with Disabilities (VESID) is a NYS government office that provides a variety of educationally related services and some financial assistance for eligible students.

You may be eligible for a Hope or Lifetime Learning education credit, both of which you claim when you file your taxes.

The New York State Department of Education, in conjunction with the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC), makes a number of academic merit and service awards each year. For more information about more than a dozen NYS sponsored academic award programs, please visit HESC’s Grants, Scholarships and Special Awards page.

In response to the terrorist attacks of September 11 in New York City, Washington D.C. and Pennsylvania, the World Trade Center Memorial Scholarship was established for the victims and families of victims of the attacks. Visit the WTC Memorial Scholarship Information Page to learn more about this and other scholarship resources available to victims of the September 11 terrorist attacks.

For those who wish to conduct your own scholarship searches, you may want to try the following free scholarship searches:

Note: The use of any scholarship search that charges a fee is not recommended.

To find out more information on federal student aid and for help in completing the FAFSA, visit

For general information about federal student financial assistance programs or help in completing the FAFSA, or to obtain federal student aid publications, call 1-800-433-3243.

Additional Resources include: – For information on student loans. – General information on your TAP grant.

If you cannot find the information you are looking for, send us an email at and we will get back to you within two business days.

I got an outside scholarship. Should I report it to the financial aid office?2017-02-13T17:51:50-05:00

Yes. If you are receiving any kind of financial aid from sources outside of MCNY, you must report the scholarship to the Financial Aid Office. We may adjust your financial aid package to compensate. Nevertheless, the outside scholarship will have some beneficial effects. For instance, outside scholarships may be used to replace loans.

Can I get Pell for repeating a course?2017-02-13T17:51:24-05:00

Sometimes if a higher minimum grade in a major course is required, you can receive federal aid again for that course. You should remember that repeating a course may limit your ability to meet the Satisfactory Academic Performance requirements for receipt of federal student aid.

What is a Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)?2017-02-13T17:51:01-05:00

FSEOGs are awarded to undergraduate students with exceptional financial need, i.e., those with the lowest expected family contribution (EFC) numbers. Federal Pell Grant recipients receive priority for FSEOG awards.

How do I apply for a Pell Grant and other types of need-based aid?2017-02-13T17:50:27-05:00

You should file a FAFSA at and indicate your interest in student employment and student loans by checking the appropriate boxes on the FAFSA. Checking these boxes does not commit you to accepting these types of aid. You will have the opportunity to accept or decline each part of your aid package later. Leaving these boxes unchecked will not increase the amount of grants you receive.

What is a federal Pell Grant?2017-02-13T17:49:56-05:00

Pell Grants are the foundation of federal student aid, to which aid from other federal and nonfederal sources might be added. Pell Grants are for undergraduate students.

How much aid can I get?2017-02-13T17:49:35-05:00

Aid from most programs is awarded based on financial need (except for unsubsidized and PLUS loans).
An expected family contribution (EFC) number is used to determine need. The EFC is a measure of your family’s financial strength and is calculated from the information you report on the FAFSA.

To be eligible for a Federal Pell Grant, your EFC must be below a certain number, which can vary from year to year. The EFC (expected family contribution) formula must be applied to each family’s financial information, so we can’t tell you here whether you’ll be eligible for federal student aid or estimate how much aid you might get.
You will need to apply to find out exactly how much you will be eligible for. If you want to see exactly how the EFC formula works, you can get detailed worksheets from the website Click on the year under The EFC Formula.

Who gets financial aid?2017-02-13T17:48:47-05:00

The financial aid administrator at your college can help determine what you’re eligible for. There are, however, some basic guidelines for all applicants. They must:

  • Demonstrate financial need; this means that your cost of education is greater than your family contribution.
  • Be working toward a degree.
  • Be enrolled in an eligible program.
  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, be a New York state resident for NY state aid (TAP).
  • Have a valid Social Security number.
  • Be registered with the Selective Service (if required).
  • Maintain academic progress once in college.
  • Have a high school diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate.
  • Not be convicted of selling or possessing illegal drugs while receiving aid.
  • Not be in default of federal student loans or state student loans for NY state financial aid (TAP).
Do I need to be admitted before I can apply for financial aid at a particular university?2017-02-13T17:48:07-05:00

No. You can apply for financial aid any time after January 1. To actually receive funds, however, you must be admitted and enrolled at the college.

I probably don’t qualify for aid. Should I apply for aid anyway?2017-02-13T17:47:33-05:00

Yes. Many families mistakenly think they don’t qualify for aid and prevent themselves from receiving financial aid by failing to apply for it. In addition, there are a few sources of aid such as unsubsidized Direct and PLUS loans that are available regardless of need. The FAFSA form is free. There is no good excuse for not applying.

Do I have to reapply for financial aid every year?2017-02-13T17:47:07-05:00

Yes. You must apply for financial aid every year. If your financial circumstances change, you may get more or less aid. Note that your eligibility for financial aid may change significantly, especially if you have a different number of family members in college. Renewal of your financial aid package also depends on making satisfactory academic progress toward a degree, such as earning a minimum number of credits and achieving a minimum GPA.

How soon after January 1 should the FAFSA form be sent in? Is it better to wait until the income tax forms have been completed?2017-02-13T17:43:25-05:00

Send in the form as soon as possible after January 1. Do not wait until your taxes are done. Although it is better to do your taxes early, it is ok to use estimates of your income, so long as they aren’t very far off from the actual values. You will have an opportunity to correct any errors later. If you wait too long, you might miss the deadline for scholarships and/or campus based aid such as work-study.

Why can’t I submit my financial aid application before January 1?2017-02-13T17:42:39-05:00

The need analysis process for financial aid uses the family’s income and tax information from the most recent tax year to judge your eligibility for need-based financial aid during the upcoming academic year. Since the base year ends December 31, you cannot submit a financial aid application until January 1.

When should I apply?2017-02-13T17:42:15-05:00

You can apply for financial aid even before you’ve been accepted to a college or soon after you file your taxes. Most applicants follow this guideline:

For summer and fall, we recommend that you apply immediately after January 1, but not before this date. Any application that is received before January 1 for the fall semester of the following year will not be processed and you’ll have to reapply.

For spring, we recommend that you apply before November so that your financial aid application is processed before you begin classes.

I missed the link to TAP on the website when I completed my FAFSA online. Can I get it done any other way?2017-02-13T17:41:48-05:00

Yes. You could wait until you receive either an email or a postcard with the Web address of TAP on the Web or you can visit You can then set up a PIN number, which will allow you to access the TAP on the website and you can complete your TAP application and have it submitted to HESC.

You can also call 1-800-433-3243 for help with filling out your FAFSA.
You can also call 1-888-697-4372 for help with filling out your TAP.

I don’t think I’ll be eligible for a TAP grant. Why should I bother to complete the application?2017-02-13T17:40:55-05:00

You’ll never know if you are eligible for TAP until you apply. By applying, New York State will determine whether you are eligible for a TAP grant. The application is free and you just might qualify. Many students who are not eligible for Pell Grants still qualify for TAP.

How do I apply for TAP?2017-02-13T17:40:28-05:00

The TAP (Tuition Assistance Program) application is for New York State residents to apply for NY State financial aid. Once you complete your FAFSA online, you will get to the Confirmation Page. Click on the link to apply for New York State-based financial aid and you will be directed to the Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) website in order to fill out your TAP application. If you miss the link, you will get an email within a week from HESC with information on how to complete your TAP application. If you do not supply an email address on your FAFSA, you will be notified by a postcard on how to complete your TAP application.

How do I apply for financial aid?2017-02-13T17:37:44-05:00

You can complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) electronically from your computer or with a paper application. The FAFSA is the application form required for all federal and state aid.
The FAFSA form can be found on the Web at If you don’t have a computer, you can use one at your library or Student Financial Service’s computer lab. This is an interactive Web page. You’ll be able to fill out the application online and submit it over the Internet. Be assured that your answers will be kept confidential.

How and when do I get a PIN?2017-02-13T17:37:12-05:00

Go to at any time, you don’t have to wait until you apply for federal student aid. You can request your PIN before you complete your FAFSA on the Web application. If you’re a dependent student, your parents should request a PIN also, so you and your parent can electronically sign your FAFSA on the Web before it’s submitted.

What is student financial aid?2017-02-13T17:34:23-05:00

Financial aid covers school expenses, including tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and transportation. The various categories of student financial aid are grants, work-study, loans and scholarships.

Can I transfer credits from online/distance courses?2017-02-13T17:31:58-05:00

Yes, as long as they come from regionally accredited institutions. Admissions will validate the school and courses and then give you a determination as to whether or not they are acceptable.

How about transfer credit for life experience?2017-02-13T17:31:35-05:00

MCNY does accept CLEP credits for life experience, and had an Advanced Standing option in our BPS in Human Services program. You can learn more about this by speaking with your Admissions Counselor.

I do not wish to transfer credits earned at my prior institution(s), do I have to?2017-02-13T17:31:08-05:00

Although we do not advise you to leave any credits on the table, as you have earned and paid for them, if you wish to forfeit transfer credits earned at other institutions, please send an email to your Admissions Counselor detailing the schools/credits you do not wish to transfer. You cannot change your mind down the road; once you have forfeited the credits MCNY will not apply them later.

Can I transfer credit after matriculating at MCNY?2017-02-13T17:30:51-05:00

No. Transfer credits from prior institutions need to be applied before your first semester with MCNY.

Is there a minimum/maximum amount of transfer credits MCNY will accept?2017-02-13T17:30:29-05:00

Although there is no minimum, MCNY will accept up to 12 Credits towards your associate degree, up to 90 credits for your bachelor’s degree, and in certain cases up to six credits towards a graduate degree. Credits need to be relevant and equivalent or they will not be accepted.

Is it easy to transfer to Metropolitan College of New York?2017-02-13T17:30:07-05:00

MCNY makes it very easy to transfer in to the college. An application and transcripts are all you need to get started. A Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) is typically completed within a week, if not earlier, and after you sign the TCE, they will be applied when you register for classes.

I have a new name since I graduated high school and/or college, does that matter?2017-02-13T17:29:10-05:00

Yes, we will need proof of the name change. A marriage certificate, name change form, or other official documentation will need to be placed in your admissions file.

Do you offer housing or meal plans?2017-02-13T17:28:29-05:00

No, MCNY does not offer housing or meal plans. Both the Manhattan Campus and Bronx Center are located in areas with a wide range of restaurant options.

Does MCNY have fully online programs?2018-05-23T16:55:46-04:00

We are excited to announce the upcoming Fall 2018 launch of our College’s first fully online program, designed towards a graduate degree in Emergency and Disaster Management (MPA – EDM) and offered by The MCNY School for Public Affairs and Administration. More information on the Online Master’s in Emergency and Disaster Management
MCNY does offer hybrid and online classes within most of our degree programs. More information can be found in the Academic section of our website.

How can I complete a degree in fewer than three years? A bachelor’s degree takes four years to complete almost everywhere else.2017-02-13T17:27:43-05:00

MCNY offers three full semesters per year, allowing you to complete a four semester associates degree in 16 month (versus two years), an eight semester bachelor’s degree just two years and eight months (versus four years), and a 45 credit master’s degree in as little as one year (versus two plus years).

I want to go back to school, but I have to work full-time. Is MCNY right for me?2017-02-13T17:27:14-05:00

MCNY works primarily with adult learners like you. Our programs are designed around your schedule. Need daytime, evening, or an evening and weekend class option? MCNY has them. Most programs have a few options to meet your needs and we are increasing our online class offerings to allow you even more flexibility.

Are there scholarships available?2017-02-13T17:26:43-05:00

MCNY has a number of merit and need-based scholarships for undergraduate, graduate, transfer and international students. More information can be found on the scholarships page.

What are the admissions deadlines?2017-02-13T17:25:44-05:00

Metropolitan College of New York has rolling admissions, which mean you can apply at any point for any semester. Our published application deadlines are the following.

Fall semester: Immediately following Labor Day.
Spring semester: The first week of January.
Summer semester: Late April/early May.

I have been out of school for a long time and I am reluctant to begin attending full time. Will I be able to manage it?2017-02-13T17:13:36-05:00

The majority of our students are adults who have either never attended college or who stopped attending college due to family or personal obligations. Our unique curriculum has been specifically designed to accommodate the adult student. Our flexible schedules make it possible for students to attend classes full time without forcing them to disrupt their professional or personal lives. You can work full time and earn credits while applying what you learn in class to what you do on the job.

After completing my bachelor’s degree, can I continue my education toward a graduate degree program?2017-02-13T17:13:09-05:00

Yes, at MCNY you can continue straight from your undergraduate degree into one of our accelerated graduate programs. This allows you to finish your bachelor’s and master’s degrees in about the same time it take students to complete their bachelor’s at others colleges and universities. Over 60% of our alumni have gone on to some of the tri-state area’s top colleges and universities to earn graduate degrees in fields such as Law (JD), business administration (MBA), public administration (MPA), social work (MSW and DSW), education (MEd), counseling (MA) and clinical psychology (PhD), and many other graduate degree and certificate programs.

What are the possible career paths for business graduates?2017-02-13T17:08:27-05:00

Our alumni have gone on to be successful in the fields of: management, marketing, investment, advertising, personnel administration, entertainment, computer information systems, financial planning, international banking, media, publishing, training and development and real estate. In addition, many of our alumni have started their own businesses.

What are some of the career choices a degree in Human Services will offer me?2017-02-13T17:02:46-05:00

Alumni of our Audrey Cohen School for Human Services and Education have gone on to excel in such fields as: foster care, counseling, education, gerontology, human service administration, mental health, human resources, law, public health, community services, criminal justice, health administration and government. Some graduates have started their own nonprofits.

When do I begin interning?2017-02-13T17:01:33-05:00

Human Services students must begin their internship in their second semester. A minimum of 14 hours per week is required and must be in the related field. Business students must be either employed, have an internship or volunteer in a business setting by the second semester.

What is the total number of credits that I can transfer?2017-02-13T16:59:57-05:00

Credits are transferred on a credit-by-credit basis. The maximum number of transfer credits that can be obtained varies by undergraduate program. Those students transferring from colleges with an articulation agreement with Metropolitan College of New York should speak to a counselor regarding credit transfer eligibility.

What are the requirements for transfer students?2017-02-13T16:59:32-05:00

A student’s credentials will be evaluated to determine if an entrance examination is required before entering the College. The College can only transfer credits that have been obtained from coursework comparable to ours, in which the student has earned a grade of “C” or better. Transfer credits older than 10 years (five years for technical courses) will not be acceptable for transfer.

Is Metropolitan College of New York Accredited?2017-02-13T16:58:59-05:00

Yes, the College holds accreditation from the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and all of MCNY’s programs are registered with the New York State Board of Regents. In addition, the College is a member of the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration; the American Association of Education; the American Association of Higher Education; the Association of Colleges and Universities of the State of New York; the Council of Adult and Experiential Learning; and the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities. MCNY is also an associate member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU).

What are some of the unique features of Metropolitan College of New York??2017-02-13T16:52:25-05:00

Our College offers small classes, individualized learning, a unique curriculum that enables a person to complete a fully accredited bachelor’s degree in two years and eight months and a master’s degree in as little as one year, while working full time, and a Learning Commons that includes free tutoring services, an academic resource center, a complete research library. It’s all part of the MCNY Advantage.

What are the entrance requirements for International students?2017-11-30T12:56:42-05:00

International applicants are required to complete MCNY admissions requirements of their desired program for acceptance consideration. Applicants from regions where English is not their native language are required to meet one of MCNY’s English proficiency requirements. Accepted international applicants may be eligible for the SEVIS I-20 if they provide proper supporting financial documentation for the duration and completion of study.

How large is your student body?2017-02-13T16:46:52-05:00

Our student body consists of approximately 1,200 students.

When may I apply?2017-02-13T16:46:08-05:00

We recommend that applications be submitted at least one month prior to the start of the semester: Fall begins immediately following Labor Day; Spring begins in early January, and Summers starts in late April/early May. However, applications can be made at any time on a year-round basis. The College accepts students on a rolling basis for the three-terms per year. Graduate students can apply anytime to begin their studies in the Fall, Spring or Summer semester.

How long will it take me to earn my degree at MCNY?2017-02-13T16:38:03-05:00

Our accelerated programs and three-semesters-a-year schedule means you can earn:

  • An Associate of Arts degree in one year and four months.
  • A bachelor’s degree in two years and eight months or even less, with applicable transfer credits.
  • A master’s degree in one year.

Empowering Marketers With Valuable Resources

Explore All Resources

Let’s Supercharge Your Online Growth

Book a Free Consultation