MCNY Facility Use Policy for External Parties
The rationale for offering MCNY space to External Parties for External Events is to enhance College visibility in support of our mission and goals. “External Events” are events that are not initiated or funded by an existing department or program over which the College has authority.
All requests for “Co-hosted” Events—in which an MCNY unit and an External Party wish to host a joint event— must be submitted to the Chief Financial Officer, who will review them on a case-by-case basis to determine any special insurance or other requirements and compatibility with the criteria below.
The College no longer accepts requests for the use of space in the Manhattan campus by External Parties in order to enable expanded use of the Commons by guests speakers invited through academic or other programs for the benefit of our students.
Criteria for Review of Requests to Rent Space in the Bronx Campus by External Parties
The College will evaluate requests for External Events based on the following criteria:
- Compatibility with the College’s mission as reflected in its Mission Statement
- Potential for economic/community enhancement
- Opportunity to support College alumni and friends
- Development of community relations
- Support of College-related departmental or programmatic activity
- Compatibility with available resources opportunity for educational experiences for student/alumni
All requests for classroom use, or for events including minors, must be submitted to the President’s Office for approval prior to the execution of any agreement. Facility use decisions in the Bronx may be made by the Executive Director based on the criteria above and within the following limits: events for one day or less, that only involve the Common area, and that do not include minors. All facility decisions will be at the College’s discretion and will take into account the potential for interference with College activity, and the size, location and length of proposed External Events. College facility use will be available during normal College hours of operation only.
Deadlines and Requirements of External Parties
The following are requirements of all external parties wishing to rent space:
- A Certificate of Insurance naming “Metropolitan College of New York” as additionally insured (see specific insurance requirements in Facility Use Agreement).
- A detailed description of the nature of the proposed External Event, expected participants, and all other logistical needs of the proposed External Event.
- A signed Facility Use Agreement.
- Payment of rental fees for the College’s facilities in addition to all direct costs for an External Event (room set ups, technical support, public safety staffing, etc.).
The deadline to submit required documents is 72 hours prior to the start time of the event. Failure to submit all required documents will result in the automatic cancellation of the event.