Get Your MPA in Emergency & Disaster Management: Now, When You’re Needed Most

Now more than ever before, our world needs effective leaders who possess the skills – and cool heads – to effectively manage and proactively respond to public emergencies, disasters and catastrophes.

Preparing individuals to fulfill this purpose – and find professional success – is the focus of the Master of Public Administration (MPA) in Emergency and Disaster Management (EDM) from Metropolitan College of New York (MCNY), an accredited, nonprofit private college with campuses in Lower Manhattan and the Bronx.

student life at mcny“I was always looking for something different to do with my life – something that I cared about, that I was passionate about,” explains Tiffany Chapman, who graduated from the program four years ago and now managers mitigation at  the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, “When I found out about the MPA program I thought, ‘That’s what I need to do with my life.’” At the time she was an award-winning bank executive in California to moved to New York and enrolled at MCNY.

Now, MCNY offers this highly specialized, accelerated degree program online.  The online program can be completed in as little as a year without disrupting your work or home life.  Students learnabout the planning, management, logistics, response, relief, recovery and economics associated with managing emergency situations focusing on significant issues in homeland security, public health, terrorism, and the role of federal and state governments.  The unique Purpose-Centered Education model combines instruction with applied knowledge and practice gained throughConstructive Action (CA). MPA EDM graduate students work on their CA projects in groups and develop actual comprehensive emergency management plans for an organization. During themonth of June in each academic year, the online program will hold a five day on-site residency at the MCNY Manhattan Campus. This will be coordinated with the college’s annual commencement. This will provide the opportunity for the online degree participants to formally receive their degree with the entire community of graduating students at MCNY.

Are you ready to help prepare – and protect – your community? Earn your MPA in Emergency and Disaster Management at MCNY, online or on campus.

2018-07-26T17:18:50+00:00
NEW ONLINE PROGRAM LAUNCHING THIS SEPTEMBER