A portion of the student’s educational costs may be deductible on Federal and State income tax return via the college generated 1098-T Tuition Statement Tax Form. This can increase the student’s tax refunds. In order for a 1098-T Tuition Statement Tax Form to be generated, students must have a Social Security number or Tax Identification number on file with the Registrar office. Students should consult with an accountant to assure compliance with tax regulations.
Changes to 2018 1098-T From
In previous years, the 1098-T form included a figure in Box 2 that represented the qualified tuition and related expense (QTRE) the college billed to the student account for the calendar (tax) year. Due to a change in institutional reporting requirement under federal law, beginning with tax year 2018, the college will report in Box 1 the amount of qualified tuition relation expenses paid during the year.
Please note: The Metropolitan College of New York has partnered with Heartland ECSI, offering you the opportunity to receive your 1098-T tuition statement electronically this year. If you would like to receive your 1098-T form electronically, please give your consent by following the link provided below and following the step by step instructions. If electronic consent is not received by January 1st 2019, the 1098-T will be mailed the current address on file.
1098-T Electronic Consent
The benefits to receiving electronic notification are:
- Provides access to the form 1098-T earlier than the traditional mailing process.
- Online access eliminates the chance that the 1098-T will get lost, misdirected, or delayed during delivery, or misplaced once the student receives it.
- Signing up for online access is easy and secure.
- Students can access their 1098-T form while traveling or away from their home address.
To give consent to receive your 1098-T form electronically, click on the link below and follow the simple instructions to sign up!
If you have any questions, please visit http://www.ecsi.net/taxinfo.html for information regarding your tax documents and to obtain contact information for Heartland ECSI.
Accessing your 1098-T Tuition Statement Tax Form
If you would like to access your 1098-T form online after you have given e-consent, you must do the following:
- Select the following Link: Click here to search for your tax document.
- Type in the Metropolitan College of New York in the search field. Once the college’s name appears in the field below, select it and press the “Submit” button.
- Fill in all of the requested information. (Please note that you must put in the zip code that you have on file with the college).
- To the right of “Status Delivered,” select the “+” in order to view your 1098-T tax information.