Billing & Payment
Electronic Bills & Payments
Nelnet Campus Commerce is a new electronic billing, payment and refund service offered by MCNY. Through this service, students will have the ability to check monthly billing statements and pay tuition and other expenses online.
- Convenient access to eBills and payment services 24 hours a day/ 7days a week via the internet using your secure, MCNY Self-Service account.
- Ability to make payments via electronic check or credit card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa).
- Private secure services. Data is encrypted.
- Convenient access for Parents and other Authorized Parties to view student billing information and make payments on behalf of the student.
- Access to online payment history.
- Ability to print an eBill at any time via the internet.
- Email notification that eBill statement is available and/or optional notification via text message related to balance inquiry.
Students will access Nelnet Campus Commerce through the Finances Tab of MCNY’s Student Portal – Self-Service. Once there, students will be redirected to Nelnet’s Campus Commerce secure portal to view eBills and/or make payments. Here is what you will do:
- Go to selfservice.mcny.edu
- Enter your username and password.
- Select Finances from the navigation bar.
- Select the BALANCE tab to view your current balance detail. (You may bypass this step.)
- Select the Pay Online tab. This tab will take you to the Nelnet Campus Commerce portal where you will be able make your payment and/or view your static billing statement.
Please note: Billing statements are generally published every month. Although the information on the statement is static, the Nelnet Campus Commerce balance will always be the real-time balance.
Each time a new billing statement is available, an email from firstname.lastname@example.org will be sent to your official MCNY Outlook email address.
How do students give Parents or other Authorized Parties access to pay online? How can my Parents or other Authorized Parties view my balance and make payment online?
Students have the option to designate a parent, spouse or others to be Authorized Party. Students use their own Nelnet Campus Commerce account to set up and manage Authorized Party accounts. After students designate individuals as Authorized Parties, Nelnet Campus Commerce will email the Authorized Party access information to their own separate Authorized Party accounts. Student must have the email address of the Authorized Party in order to complete the process.
To designate an authorized user:
- Go to selfservice.mcny.edu and log in.
- Select Finance from the navigation bar.
- Select PAY ONLINE from the red navigation bar. This will take you to your Nelnet Campus Commerce ACCOUNT HOME PAGE.
- From YOUR ACCOUNT HOME PAGE select ADD AN AUTHORIZED PARTY box. Click on the ADD NEW link.
- Enter the following information:
- Authorized Party – Enter the authorized parties first name and last name. You can either select “Include details that make up my balance” or leave it blank.
- Authorized Party Authentication – Enter authentication question and authentication answer.
- Web Access – Enter the authorized parties email address. If the email address is left blank, the authorized party will only be able to discuss your account over the phone.
- Select Save to complete the authorized user process.
Once you have completed this process, Nelnet Campus Commerce will send an email to the email address you provided.
Students can withdraw permission at any time by changing the access of the user.
It is the student’s responsibility to manage their Authorized Parties.
Yes, the College has designated electronic billing as the official means of generating tuition & related expenses. All currently enrolled students will receive an email notifying them that a bill is available for viewing. Each time a bill is available, an email will be sent to your official MCNY Outlook email address.
Nelnet stores copies of billing statements. Students can easily print a copy of their e-bill using any computer connected to the Internet and a printer.
The bills are available in PDF format and can be printed using the <PRINT> icon on the PDF reader tool bar.
No, because the electronic bill is a static monthly billing statement. Payments made to your account will be reflected on your next electronic bill. However, students can verify payments posted in dynamic real-time by logging onto Self-Service.
Once logged in on Self-Service,
- Select Finance from the navigation bar
- Select BALANCE from the drop down to view your current balance detail. Next, select the period (year and term) you would like to view (ex. fall 2020). You may view by Detail by Charges/Credit, Detail by Summary Type and/or Balance Summary.
Please note that Authorized Parties can only see a summarized general balance in real-time through the Nelnet Campus Commerce site. They will not be able to see the payment reflected until the next monthly billing statement.
No, students or Authorized Users/Payers can print a hard copy of the eBill via the Internet and mail their payment (check, cashier’s check, money order) along with the remittance portion of the printed eBill to the mailing address on the remittance slip.
Make payments payable to: MCNY
NOTE: Make sure the student’s MCNY ID number is written on the paper check.
An electronic check (eCheck or ACH transfer) is similar to writing a paper check. The only difference is that you are authorizing the debiting of your checking or savings account online without presenting a physical paper check.
Once you are logged on to the Nelnet Campus Commerce site and begin to make a payment, you will be asked which method of electronic payment you wish to use: credit card or electronic check (ACH).
You will need your bank account number and routing number (located at the bottom of your paper check). You can choose to store this information on the secure Nelnet Campus Commerce site for future use. If you choose not to store the account number and routing numbers on the Nelnet Campus Commerce site, you will have to re-enter this information each time you make a payment.
No, Nelnet Campus Commerce offers these services free of charge.
No, the policy regarding postdated checks remains the same as if you were submitting a paper check. The college does not accept post-dated checks.
If you have any additional questions about Nelnet Campus Commerce or other student account issues, please contact:
Metropolitan College of New York
60 West Street
New York, N.Y. 10006
212-343-1234 ext. 5002
Metropolitan College of New York delivers your refund with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. For more information about BankMobile Disbursements, visit this link: https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/.