MCNY’s Learning Enhancement Center offers a wide range of services—both in person and online—to help you develop your writing, math and other necessary skills for academic success.
Free professional tutoring
We provide free one-on-one professional tutoring in math and writing as well as group tutoring and in-class seminars. Our math and writing specialists hold master’s degrees in their teaching area and are familiar with Purpose-Centered Education, helping to bridge classroom experience and independent learning through one-on-one tutoring sessions.
What We Do
Development of critical thinking skills
Student learning assessment
Online tutoring services
Essay and CA development skills
Mathematical assistance at all levels
Assistance to master’s students in all programs
We do not offer an editing service to fix essays or do student’s homework.
In addition, The Center provides ongoing faculty development in redesigning learning environments to optimize student learning and offers in-class enrichment workshops. The Learning Enhancement Center is open to all students and faculty.
The mission of the Learning Enhancement Center is to maximize students’ academic potential in writing, math, and study skills by providing tutoring in a supportive and technology-enabled learning environment. To fulfill the mission of the Learning Enhancement Center, our goals are to:
- Address the academic needs of the MCNY community through the ongoing assessment of student learning in writing and math;
- Promote the practices of pre-writing, drafting, revising and editing as essential stages of the writing process;
- Enable students to improve their math competency and quantitative reasoning skills;
- Support faculty and staff in their integration of critical thinking and writing across the curriculum;
- Foster independent learning and learning as a life-long process.