January 6, 2022
This follows President Passaro’s announcement that all classes will be held virtually in January.
First, let me reassure you that we care about your academic experience at MCNY and will be available to assist you with any support you need. I will share some essential information here and continue to follow up as we receive additional information.
The Offices of Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar, Student Services and Bursar, will be open in Manhattan and the Bronx, onsite and virtually:
- Monday – Thursday, 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Friday, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Access to Moodle
Moodle is the learning platform that MCNY uses to teach online courses. If you are a new student, Moodle may be new to you (unless you used it elsewhere).
MCNY has several resources available to all students to help with your use of Moodle:
- There is a Moodle tutorial that can be accessed on YouTube or Moodle.
- New students have been invited to the virtual New Student Orientation on Saturday, January 8 and Moodle will be on the agenda.
- Students who have technical difficulties accessing Moodle can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The college is organizing a series of Moodle tutorials (conducted via Zoom) for the next two weeks. Please check your email for that schedule.
- Students who need one-on-one training on Moodle can call (212) 343-1234 ext. 5009 and leave a message with their name, phone number and email. A Student Services staff member will reach out to you to schedule time to provide assistance.
- The Learning Enhancement Center staff provides tutoring in all subjects and assistance with Moodle. They can be reached at email@example.com.
Please stay tuned for more information. Thank you for your patience, resilience, and determination in accomplishing your goals!
Clotilde Ibarra, MSW
Dean of Students/Title IX Coordinator