Students have the option to designate a parent, spouse or others to be Authorized Party. Students use their own Nelnet Campus Commerce account to set up and manage Authorized Party accounts. After students designate individuals as Authorized Parties, Nelnet Campus Commerce will email the Authorized Party access information to their own separate Authorized Party accounts. Student must have the email address of the Authorized Party in order to complete the process.
To designate an authorized user:
- Go to selfservice.mcny.edu and log in.
- Select Finance from the navigation bar.
- Select PAY ONLINE from the red navigation bar. This will take you to your Nelnet Campus Commerce ACCOUNT HOME PAGE.
- From YOUR ACCOUNT HOME PAGE select ADD AN AUTHORIZED PARTY box. Click on the ADD NEW link.
- Enter the following information:
- Authorized Party – Enter the authorized parties first name and last name. You can either select “Include details that make up my balance” or leave it blank.
- Authorized Party Authentication – Enter authentication question and authentication answer.
- Web Access – Enter the authorized parties email address. If the email address is left blank, the authorized party will only be able to discuss your account over the phone.
- Select Save to complete the authorized user process.
Once you have completed this process, Nelnet Campus Commerce will send an email to the email address you provided.
Students can withdraw permission at any time by changing the access of the user.
It is the student’s responsibility to manage their Authorized Parties.