The MCNY Office of Career Education and Professional Development offers career services to MCNY alumni, as well as an array of useful resources. These services are available at no charge and include individual counseling and coaching sessions and workshops in such topics as:
MCNY Alumni Resources
We make it easy for you to stay connected to Metropolitan College of New York. Network with other graduates through alumni events and on social media. Stay knowledgeable about what’s going on at Manhattan and Bronx campuses.
Be sure to update your information.
The best way to get ahead is to network. Join your Individual Alumni Network by School
Alumni Career Advisors
The Office of Career Education and Professional Development is currently recruiting alumni interested in volunteering to serve as Career Advisors for its new on-line career advisory network. Alumni who volunteer to be advisors will agree to be contacted for information and advice on choosing, advancing and changing careers. They will be asked to share their expertise, but will not be expected to provide jobs or to accept resumes, nor should they be contacted to solicit business.
Here are some questions that advisors are typically asked:
- What is the nature of your job?
- Describe a typical week
- How does your academic background relate to your job?
- Can you recommend specific courses I should take?
- What skills are necessary to succeed in this field?
- What other fields relate to your college major?
- Where does this career path lead?
- Can you tell me about the industry in which you work?
- What advanced degrees are necessary to enter/advance in this field?
- How did you find your current position?
If there is something that you would like us to share, please #myMCNY on your posts for any social network.