Department Name: Admissions Office
Job Title: Office Assistant
Pay Rate: $15/hour
Supervisor: Kimberly A. Johnson
Deadline: Ongoing until position is filled
Total Hours per week: 20
Location: Bronx campus
Metropolitan College of New York’s Bronx campus is looking for student employees to assist in three of its main departments: Admissions, Financial Aid and Student Services. The essential functions of the Office Assistant include, but are not limited to, administrative work such as answering incoming telephone calls, directing calls to proper sources within various departments, conducting campus tours, and participating in campus events.
- Be enrolled in a degree program at Metropolitan College of New York.
- Be awarded Work-Study through Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Have excellent written, verbal communication, and customer service skills.
- Possess good phone etiquette and attention to detail
- Have a proactive approach to work and conflict resolution
- Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Be willing to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
Admissions Department Responsibilities:
- Collect and process required documents from prospective students
- Enter student inquiry data into Slate (MCNY’s CRM database)
- Greet visitors in the reception area and provide the appropriate paperwork for the purpose of visit
- Assist in preparation for MCNY outreach activities and sponsored events
Financial Aid Department Responsibilities:
- Guide students through financial aid applications, such as FAFSA, TAP and Pell
- Keep accurate records
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Student Services Department Responsibilities:
- Support students with student resources, such as Moodle, Self-Services, email application, etc.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org