|Time: 6:00- 7:30|
|Meeting Location: In-Person
- Discussion on Mixer outcome
- Destinations with attraction write up due at formal meeting
- LinkedIn vs. Bulletin Board
- Being mindful of holidays when planning events
- Action Item 1:
- Create an Eventbrite and RSVP for MPA recognition Week- MPA event
- May 11, 2018 at 6pm- 1st floor
- Conducting paid events (ie. through raffles)
- Pre- plan all events for the 2018 year
Action item 2:
Leadership formal meeting and MPA Vacation 2019
- Group agreed to coordinate an MPA Alumni Trip early spring 2019
- Destinations have been identified; Barbados, St. Lucia, Florida, New Orleans and California. Members have agreed to draft a summary and attractions for each location.
- Rafiu will follow up with estimates for the proposed destinations.
- Members will also follow up with a referred vacation specialist
-Dennis suggested St. Lucia, Dwayne suggest Barbados, Kassiana will look into Haiti.
-We should make connections with other countries that have nonprofit organizations,
-Paris is off the table- due to the low numbers of alumni.
-Discussed staying domestic- for 2019
-Next meeting, we will discuss another state with a nonprofit organization
-The idea of Puerto Rico- fundraising/relief-while vacationing
Action item 3:
MPA Bulletin Board developed by Dwayne
Linked in vs. Bulletin Forum
- Dwayne has sent a link for Alumni to register (This communication board will serve as a backup for now)- http://Nm;cnympaaa.freeforums.net/.
- Meeting minutes and recordings will be posted on the bulletin board moving forward.
- Please speak with Dwayne if there are any questions, concerns or suggestions
- Will add employment section to the bulletin
Action item 4:
Public service Recognition week May 6-12
Please bring to our attention to anyone you feel should be acknowledged via social media for MPA recognition week.
-Planning a meet and greet.
-Possibly on the Friday.
– Invite both current students and alumni, Tina will post the invite on Social Media.
-Nominate someone who will be appreciated for public service.
-Should start collecting data and increase our contact list.
-Discussed the marketing strategy- 3 people that can share their journey in Public Service.
-We should all work on the language and how we will present this “meet and greet” to the MPA.
-Tomorrow everyone will send idea’s and send to Kassiana and she will, in turn, send it to John
-If anyone has a person they would like to nominate to speak- also send that to Kassiana by tomorrow.
ASPA Conference 2019- We should start promoting and exposing the conference for 2019-Since it’s in Washington DC.
Midterm Election- MPA voting (set up a table) -Voting registration drive
-Discussed the student survey, which will be sent to us for review and next meeting
-Discussed attending MPO to represent MCNY
Recording for the meeting will be posted on the bulletin board.
Next Meeting Date: Wednesday, 5/23/18
Next Discussion Topic(s):
2019 MPA vacation-review of all summaries
Review of graduate survey