If you or your parents are employed ask your company or labor union if it has a tuition reimbursement program.

Check to see if the church or community organization you or your parents belong to has an educational grant or scholarship program.

If you are a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces or the child of a veteran, you may be eligible for veterans’ educational benefits. Learn about your eligibility for these benefits at the Veterans Administration GI bill website.

Vocational and Educational Services for individuals with Disabilities (VESID) is a NYS government office that provides a variety of educationally related services and some financial assistance for eligible students.

You may be eligible for a Hope or Lifetime Learning education credit, both of which you claim when you file your taxes.

The New York State Department of Education, in conjunction with the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC), makes a number of academic merit and service awards each year. For more information about more than a dozen NYS sponsored academic award programs, please visit HESC’s Grants, Scholarships and Special Awards page.

In response to the terrorist attacks of September 11 in New York City, Washington D.C. and Pennsylvania, the World Trade Center Memorial Scholarship was established for the victims and families of victims of the attacks. Visit the WTC Memorial Scholarship Information Page to learn more about this and other scholarship resources available to victims of the September 11 terrorist attacks.

For those who wish to conduct your own scholarship searches, you may want to try the following free scholarship searches:


Note: The use of any scholarship search that charges a fee is not recommended.

To find out more information on federal student aid and for help in completing the FAFSA, visit www.studentaid.ed.gov.

For general information about federal student financial assistance programs or help in completing the FAFSA, or to obtain federal student aid publications, call 1-800-433-3243.

Additional Resources include:
www.studentloans.gov – For information on student loans.
www.hesc.com – General information on your TAP grant.

If you cannot find the information you are looking for, send us an email at sfs@mcny.edu and we will get back to you within two business days.