Department Name: Student services
Job Title: Front Desk Staff
Supervisor: Michelle Shauer
Pay Rate: $11.10/hour
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com
- Carries out administrative activities and clerical support associated with Student Affairs.
- Provide front desk coverage including initial intake of students requesting services/information and refer them to the appropriate staff person within the office.
- Answers general information related questions presented at front desk by all members of MCNY: students, faculty, staff, visitors, etc.
- Assists with Food Pantry weekly, including making bags, counting inventory, sign in sheets.
- Assist students who may be unable to log on to online services: Self Service, Moodle, etc.
- Tasks will include answering telephones, photocopying, filing office documents, processing ID cards and other similar duties.
- Help develop and maintain the office’s library of external resources.
- Assist Student Services and Career Services staff through contacting students via phone concerning jobs, referrals, resources, absences, low GPAs, advisement, stops, etc
- Maintains data entry (in internal databases).
- Provides support as needed for special events, such as Orientation, Graduation and Career Fair, and other monthly campus events
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Word processing and/or data entry skills with strong technical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of office management principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of academic administrative principles and procedures.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org