Metropolitan College of New York Online Bookstore
BUY new, used & ebooks – Save up to 90% off list price
Choose from a large selection of New, Used and eBooks at discounted prices.
- Use the Marketplace to find prices comparable to those on Amazon and half.com! Students can save up to 90% off list price on the Textbook Marketplace!
- Free shipping on retail orders over $49!
- Use school-issued financial aid vouchers to pay for your books (including Marketplace books).
RENT your textbooks – Save up to 70% off purchase price
Over 1 million books in our inventory are now available for rental.
- Choose from varoius rental lengths to fit your needs
- Save between 30-70% list price when you choose to rent!
SELL your books back – Earn up to 2 times more
Don’t forget to sell your books back on the marketplace at any time throughout the year!
- Earn up to 2 times more over standard buyback prices when selling your books back on the marketplace. Sell your old books at: http://metropolitan.textbookx.com/sell.php.
MCNY Online Bookstore and Marketplace
Important news for MCNY students – Thanks to your feedback, the MCNY online bookstore now offers new features designed to make finding and purchasing your assigned books easier than ever before. Now more than ever, your MCNY bookstore offers low prices, a huge selection of used books, and a large textbook marketplace so you can re-sell your books at the end of the term.
- Visit MCNY Bookstore
- Search for your class by course name code, or instructor name. Select the correct school, purpose and dimension.
- Choose from the new, used, rental, ebook, and marketplace options available for your course.
- Add the books to your cart, then click “Check Out” and follow the on-screen instructions
If you have questions about the bookstore, require assistance placing an order or have questions about an order you placed, call 1-800-887-6459 Monday – Friday 9AM – 5PM EST or email email@example.com. Most orders will ship within 1 business day. There are various shipping options available including USPS economy shipping (free on retail books totaling over $49), UPS Ground, UPS 2nd Day and UPS Next Day. At the beginning of each semester a special shipping option, Campus Pickup, will be available to students, so you can conveniently pickup your book order at the MCNY campus. Details and dates will be listed prior to the start of the semester. The bookstore accepts all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express) and school issued book vouchers. If you don’t have a credit card, or would prefer not to use one, you can set up an account with the MCNY Bursar’s Office (see below) to receive a book voucher.
Book Advance Authorization
MCNY’s Online Bookstore, powered by Akademos, allows you to purchase high-quality, low-cost textbooks for your courses. Students can receive a credit line of up to $500.00 for book purchases. If you do not use this line of credit, your student account will not be charged or if you spend less than your line of credit, your account will only reflect the actual cost. If your total purchase exceeds your credit line, you will have to pay the difference. In order to qualify, students must be expecting a refund for the semester up to at least the amount requested in order to cover the line of credit. If you are on a payment plan, don’t have a credit card and want to purchase books online, you can come to the Bursar’s Office give us the amount of money you want to use towards your book purchase and we will grant you this as a line of credit. This credit line can only be used at the Akademos online bookstore. If you choose this option, any unused credit will be applied to your tuition account. If you are interested in applying for a Book Advance, please complete this form.
Students will be contacted regarding their book advance status via their @mcny.edu email within 48 hours. Also, please keep in mind that Book Advances expire 1 month from the first day of classes.