In reviewing your application for graduate admission, MCNY requires the following for all international applicants:
Part One: For Acceptance Consideration
- The MCNY International Graduate Admissions Application is available for download. Electronic submissions may be sent to email@example.com. Official documents and all other paper requirements should be mailed to:
Office of Admission
Metropolitan College of New York
c/o International Student Admission
60 West Street
New York, NY 10006
Online applications may be completed at: https://apply.mcny.edu/apply/.
- A Personal Statement/Essay of 350 to 500 words describing your interest in pursuing graduate study at MCNY.
- Two letters of reference from a professor or work supervisor. Recommendation forms are included in the MCNY International Student Application. Letters submitted on official school or company letterhead may be substituted in lieu of the official MCNY form.
- A one to two-page resume that includes your professional/workexperience,qualifications and education.
- A college/university academic transcript proving bachelor’s degree completion or higher from an accredited institution of higher education for graduate admission consideration. College graduates with a 3.0 GPA will be considered for potential MCNY scholarship opportunities.
- Transcript Evaluations: International academic transcripts must be evaluated by any one of our NACES approved/affiliated transcript evaluators: Globe Language Services; Education Credential Evaluators (ECE); World Education Services (WES); or a NACES approved/affiliated transcript evaluator. Academic Transcripts from colleges or universities outside the US require a course-by-course evaluation. Completed official transcript evaluations should be forwarded to the MCNY Admissions Office.
- English Language Proficiency Requirements: Complete any ONE of the following:
- TOEFL Scores – IbT (80 or above) or PbT (550 or above)
- IELTS – Academic band score of 6.0 or higher
- DuoLingo – Overall score of 115 or higher
- Pearson – PTE Score of 53 or better
- LSI – Completion of Advance Level English course (recommendation letter from language instructor required)
- ELS – Completion of ELS Language Center course of 112 or higher (recommendation letter from language instructor required)
- Kaplan International – Completion of an Advance Level English course (recommendation from language instructor required)
- Manhattan Language – Completion of an Advance Level English course (recommendation from language instructor required)
- Rennert Language – Completion of an Advance Level English course (recommendation from language instructor required)
- A GMAT score of 520 or higher.
- A GRE verbal score of 440 or higher and writing score of 3.5 or higher.
- A revised GRE verbal score of 145 and a writing score of 3.5 or higher.
- MCNY Accuplacer: For students already in New York City, they may take our Accuplacer examination to meet the English Language Proficiency Requirements. Students will need to achieve a minimum of 238 on the Reading section and a minimum score of 237 on the Writing skills portion of the examination.
- Transcript Evaluation: International applicants with official transcripts from an accredited college or university in the United States, the United States, Canada, United Kingdom or Australia that verify bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree completion with an degree are exempt from English Language Proficiency Requirements.
PLEASE MAKE NOTE: Only one of the above mentioned tests (that meets the minimum requirements for admission) is necessary. Official scores of the TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson, GRE, GMAT, and LSI, Kaplan or ELS course completion should be sent directly to MCNY from the test administration site. CEEB: 4802/TOEFL School Code: 2509
Part Three: For Enrollment After Admissions Acceptance
- MCNY I-20 Application: For the SEVIS I-20, accepted international applicants must complete and submit the downloadable MCNY I-20 Application for International Students with supporting documents dated three months before the intended semester of enrollment.* To demonstrate sufficient funds (converted in US dollars) to cover the costs of tuition and living expenses to complete your desired program of study, recent documents of supporting evidence should exceed $38,000 USD and may include any of the following:
- Personal bank statements (checking/savings accounts)
- Bank or investment statements
- Income tax returns as proof of annual income
- Pay stubs from your recent employer as proof of regular income
- Affadavit(s) of support from one or more sponsors
- Business registration, ownership documents, and profit and loss statements from a company owner as a sponsor
- Property deed, lease or rent receipts from housing sponsors
*Official bank letters will not be accepted; outdated documents will not be accepted
- Proof of MMR Immunization: New York State public health law requires that college and university students provide documentation of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) before their first term of study. Students should submit completed immunization documentation for MMR 30 days prior to registering for classes. Although it is not required for an admission’s decision we encourage you to submit your immunization record with your application. Students will not be able to register for classes without documentation of MMR1.
MCNY is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students and is fully accredited under the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.