In reviewing your application for undergraduate admission, MCNY requires the following for all international applicants:
Part One: For Acceptance Consideration
- The MCNY International Undergraduate Admissions Application is available for download. Electronic submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Official documents and all other paper requirements should be mailed to:
Office of Admissions
Metropolitan College of New York
c/o International Student Admission
60 West Street
New York, NY 10006
Online applications may be completed at: https://apply.mcny.edu/apply/
- Personal Statement/Essay of 350 to 500 words describing your interest in pursuing undergraduate study at MCNY.
- One letter of reference from your school guidance counselor or headmaster, your English teacher or a community member from a club or service organization you are involved in. These are included in the MCNY International Student Application. Letters submitted on official school letterhead may be substituted in lieu of the official MCNY form.
- Academic transcripts with GPA of 2.5 or higher for undergraduate admission consideration. Original or certified copies of transcripts translated into English and listing individual courses including types, number, and grades received are required. High school diplomas will not be accepted without an accompanying high school transcript.
- Transcript Evaluations: International academic transcripts must be evaluated by any one of our NACES approved/affiliated transcript evaluators: Globe Language Services; Education Credential Evaluators (ECE); World Education Services (WES); or a NACES approved/affiliated transcript evaluator. Academic Transcripts from secondary schools or high schools outside the US require a general evaluation. Academic Transcripts from colleges or universities outside the US require a course-by-course evaluation. Completed official transcript evaluations should be forwarded to the MCNY Admissions Office.
- English Language Proficiency Requirements: Complete one of the following:
- TOEFL Scores – IbT (75 or above) or PbT (537 or above)
- IELTS – Academic band score of 5.5 or higher
- Pearson – PTE Score of 50 or better
- LSI – Completion of Advance Level English course (recommendation letter from language instructor required)
- ELS – Completion of ELS Language Center course of 112 or higher
- Kaplan International – Completion of an Advance Level English course (recommendation from language instructor required)
- Manhattan Language – Completion of an Advance Level English course (recommendation from language instructor required)
- Rennert Language – Completion of an Advance Level English course (recommendation from language instructor required)
- ACT or SAT – MCNY will accept an ACT composite score of 18 or above or an SAT score of 860. The SAT score is a combined score of the Critical Reading and Math portions of the exam. The Critical Reading portion by itself should be no less than 430.
- MCNY Accuplacer: For students already in New York City, they may take the our Accuplacer examination to meet the English Language Proficiency Requirements. Students will need to achieve a minimum of 60 on the Reading section and a minimum score of 65 on the sentence skills portion of the examination.
- Transcript Evaluation: International applicants with official transcripts from an accredited high school, secondary school, college or university within the United States, Canada, United Kingdom or Australia that verify high school diploma, secondary school diploma, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or doctoral degree completion are exempt from English Language Proficiency Requirements.
PLEASE MAKE NOTE: Only one of the above mentioned tests (that meets the minimum requirements for admission) is necessary. Official scores of the TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson, ACT, SAT, and LSI, Kaplan or ELS course completion must be sent directly to MCNY from the test administration site. In most cases, MCNY will allow certified copies stamped by a high school counselor, high school administrator or academic advisor. CEEB: 4802/TOEFL School Code: 2509
Part Two: For Enrollment After Admissions Acceptance
- MCNY I-20 Application: For the SEVIS I-20, accepted international applicants must complete and submit the downloadable MCNY I-20 Application for International Students with supporting documents dated three month before the intended semester of enrollment.* To demonstrate sufficient funds (converted in US dollars) to cover the costs of tuition and living expenses to complete your desired program of study, recent documents of supporting evidence may include any of the following:
- Personal bank statements (checking/savings accounts)
- Bank or investment statements
- Income tax returns as proof of annual income
- Pay stubs from your recent employer as proof regular income
- Affidavit(s) of support from one or more sponsors
- Business registration, ownership documents, and profit and loss statements from a company owner as a sponsor
- Property deed, lease or rent receipts from housing sponsors
*Official bank letters will not be accepted; outdated documents will not be accepted
- Proof of MMR Immunization: New York State public health law requires that college and university students provide documentation of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) before their first term of study. Students should submit completed immunization documentation for MMR 30 days prior to registering for classes. Although it is not required for an admission’s decision we encourage you to submit your immunization record with your application. Students will not be able to register for classes without documentation of MMR1.
MCNY is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students and is fully accredited under the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.